Review of How to Nurture a Confident Child

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Review of How to Nurture a Confident Child

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "How to Nurture a Confident Child" by Sharron Williamson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Training a child is a challenging task. Children grow up to become adults with good or bad characters depending on the morals they received from their parents and how well their parents nurtured them, and that is why one must get every bit of knowledge needed in training a child. 

How to Nurture a Confident Child by Sharron Williamson offers advice and practical guides that help in bringing up a happy and disciplined child. Making money is essential for children, but it is time-consuming. So how can parents balance their job, their time, and child raising? Read this well-written help book to know better.

While growing up, we sing a rhyme: "Train up the child in the way he should grow, so when he grows up, he won't leave the way." I fully understood this when I came of age. I agree with the author on everything she discussed in the book. The author did great with the book's arrangement and how well she developed each chapter. As a first-time mother, I had come to appreciate my parents more when I was in their shoes, although I felt different about my mother when I was small. But now I know how stressful and time-consuming being a parent is. I discovered great lessons in the book that will help me in my parenting role and build a good bond between my children and me.

Another thing I like about the book is how the author made it a self-discovery book. The readers are enlightened on what it means to be a parent and how to continuously build oneself up. The topics discussed in the book, like "The Vital Role of Play," "Importance of Books," and "Negativity and Stress," among others, would help parents boost their strength and broaden their knowledge.

There is nothing I dislike about the book. It is not a one-time read and will always fit in. The author shared well-proven facts to back up her points. An example was the response of Steve Jobs, the creator of Apple products when asked how his children felt about his latest phone products. I agree with the author that a child should be loved, raised in a happy family, and guided with balanced principles.

I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars because there is no reason to deduct any stars from it. It was professionally edited, beautifully contextualized, and delivered. I recommend the book to parents, teachers, counselors, and intending parents.

How to Nurture a Confident Child
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Patty Allread
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

This sounds like a sensible book that helps parents choose positive and nurturing methods for raising their children.
Busisiwe Motha
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Busisiwe Motha »

This book help the parents to listen to the children thought. We need to make time to spend time with the children.
Beketele
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Beketele »

This book is a must read for not only parents but children as well. It will teach children to understand the stress parents go through raising them and they will appreciate and Co operate
Yasmine M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

I agree with most things written in this review about parenting. I also learnt to appreciate my parents more when I became one. The book seems well-crafted and very informative. I will add it to my shelves, thank you for the beautiful review.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

I totally agree with you, it is important to train your child morally and the child won't depart from it. I must read this book. Good job.
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

Children need all the help they can get in this crazy world. I am all for giving them the best chance at being well-balanced and happy human beings with healthy self-love. Thank you for this review.
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Kelly Peter »

This is a wonderful read I must say. I must commend the effort of the author for such a wonderful piece. Nice review.
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

As a parent of two, I look forward to reading this book. Thanks for discussing in your review how it personally helped you as well. I like that it's well edited, with facts to back up points and informative. I do think there are so many parenting books out there though, so it's difficult to find the good ones! Thanks for a great review.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

Children who are disciplined and nurtured in a loving environment, grow up to be confident. This is an amazing book and would like to read it.
ojukwu2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojukwu2.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by ojukwu2 »

It's always interesting to come across such wonderful reviews. Adding this book to my bookshelf ASAP for possible reading in the future. Kudos.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

This is an informative book that provides insights into how parents should raise their children. I love the vital themes in this book. I will add this book to my tbr list. Well done.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This is an educative book for all parents and even youths who will later become parents. It can be quite challenging to raise a child with the right principles, especially with the happenings in this world.
Rob Carr
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rob-carr.html
Latest Review: 5 Systems of Successful People by Scotty Schindler

Post by Rob Carr »

Thanks for your review, it sounds like a worthwhile read. I always struggle with my eldest daughter about how I should get the balance right between independence, confidence, and discipline. Often it feels like you have to prioritise one thing over another when it comes time to make decisions as a parent.
:idea: Rob Carr :idea:
Bianca Morano
Favorite Book: White Nights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianca-morano.html
Latest Review: High Clowder Cats by Ruby Knight

Post by Bianca Morano »

I will save this book for future purposes. Also, this will be a good book recommendation to share. Thanks for the nice review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”