Review of A New Way to See Dark Psychology & Manipulation

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 276
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Field Guide to Sinisters and Benevolents by Nancy L Vallette

Review of A New Way to See Dark Psychology & Manipulation

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A New Way to See Dark Psychology & Manipulation" by Michael J Salisbury.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Michael J. Salisbury's A New Way to See Dark Psychology & Manipulation is a self-help book. This is a book for everyone, especially women, to help them avoid being manipulated by manipulative people, such as narcissists. This book gives a lot of advice on how to improve your life and protect yourself from the stress that can come from being manipulated by others.

There are illustrations inside this book to emphasize its content. Improvement checklists are also included. The book covers a wide range of issues, such as gaslighting, manipulation, narcissism, psychopathy, Machiavellianism, toxic relationships, and much more. This book mentions many things I have always wished I could master. This book goes in-depth on the topic of manipulation, exploring its types and the reasons why some people are vulnerable to it. If you want to know how to spot the telltale signs of being manipulated, this book has you covered. The advice given in the section about people-pleasers will be invaluable to many as well.

I disliked nothing about this book. While this book does solve almost every problem associated with manipulation. Improving oneself in the ways the author suggests is easier said than done, and I believe it will take a lot of effort. The reader isn't aware of the fact that the effort is going to be well worth it.

I appreciated how this book encouraged its readers to reclaim their power when they'd been manipulated by someone who made them feel inferior. I thought it was great that there was a book out there specifically written to help people deal with these issues. One of the things I appreciated about this book is that the author addresses the question of why manipulating others is so appealing. When I was being manipulated before, it never occurred to me not to take it personally.

I give this book a rating of 4 out of 5 stars because it was so informative; I picked up many new ideas from it, particularly in chapter 2, and I had no idea I was engaging in such behavior myself, leading me to believe that many other people probably aren't aware of their own manipulation of others, either. Unfortunately, I had to dock a point because I counted more than ten typos and didn't think the book had been edited by a professional.

Anyone hoping to avoid falling prey to narcissists, psychopaths, or Machiavellians would do well to read this book. Also, I think this book would be useful for people-pleasers because it has a chapter dedicated to helping them.

A New Way to See Dark Psychology & Manipulation
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ajibola Gabriel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajibola-gabriel.html
Latest Review: The Vitality System by Kyle Gonzalez

Post by Ajibola Gabriel »

This sounds like a book that will help people’s dealings with others. I appreciate the author’s intention. Nice review.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

"You can't please everyone". This will be a problem for most. I think I can gain wisdom about avoiding this matter from this book. Your review is awesome!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

Dealing with narcissists is a challenge. I'm glad this book offers tips to handle narcissists. Thanks for the review
Bianca Morano
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: White Nights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianca-morano.html
Latest Review: High Clowder Cats by Ruby Knight

Post by Bianca Morano »

The title of the book kinda intimidated me. However it intrigued me to try this story, it seems interesting and informative. Thanks for a great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”