Review of Jewish Pride

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Nimue: Freeing Merlin (Barnes & Noble Edition) by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Review of Jewish Pride

Post by Vivian Writes »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Jewish Pride" by Michael Steinhardt.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Jewish Pride by Michael Steinhardt is a book based on post-Holocaust events from the eyes of Michael Steinhardt. Michael was born on December 7, 1940, in Bensonhurst, but he got to witness the migration of Jews due to the loss of their home. He was born a Jew, but he became an atheist for some time because, like many, he couldn't understand why God would let the Holocaust happen.

Like many Jews, Michael took his studies seriously and became successful. He had all the money he needed but never felt fully satisfied without the comprehension of the history of the Jews. He felt that being a Jew in America had been "Americanized," and this led to his frequent travels to Israel even after he met his wife, Judy Abrams. Michael was determined to turn things around through his philanthropy. He saw that most Jews were afraid; some didn't see being a Jew as an identity, and younger Jews weren't proud of being Jewish. Most people even failed to recognize outstanding Jewish personalities, such as Albert Einstein and Sandy Koufax.

Jewish Pride consists of 7 broad chapters and about 300 pages. The author uses this book to narrate his journey so that he can improve Jewish lives and strengthen the community of Jews through inspiration. The term Jewish Pride was chosen because most Jews then were not open as Jews, fearing a second Holocaust would occur. One problem he hoped to solve was the low level of education. Jews that went to school were restricted to low-quality education, while some couldn't attend for other reasons. Michael Steinhardt was steadily involved in Jewish affairs, both in America and abroad. And his participation and patriotic spirit made their way through the pages of the book. Through his words, I felt a swell of pride for the Jewish community and knew then and there that his choice of title was the perfect fit.

Details of the Holocaust can fill more than a thousand pages, but Michael Steinhardt was succinct and still detailed. All the information one could need on the upheaval of the lives of Jews is contained in it. The story is inspirational and saddening. It was tough to read about the trials of the Jews and how a man took it upon himself to induce negative change. But history is important, and this book not only shines a light on history; it intertwines it with the present to make a marvelous case for why Jews should wear their identity with their heads held up high. Jewish Pride is exceptionally edited. There were no grammatical, typographical, or punctuation errors, and I found nothing to dislike about it.

I rate this book, Jewish Pride, five out of five stars. Michael Steinhardt is a character to adore and a model for the Jewish community and individuals like me. I was motivated by this book to be part of a positive and significant change. Firstly, I recommend this book to Jews who have no idea of their history and to the youths so that they can understand the importance of history, community, and culture.

Jewish Pride
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
giorgi kharatishvili
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by giorgi kharatishvili »

wow, this book was really good to read, i really enjoyed with this book. i liked situation that how Michael started to study and then he gets lot of money. i rate this book 5 stars cause i read first book on this site and i really enjoyed with it, good luck.
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

This is a great story line. I learned the importance of tracing back your origin and being proud of where you heil from. I am pleased with your review. I will add it to my bookshelf ASAP.
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:

Post by Oluchi23 »

This is a great story line. I learned the importance of tracing back your origin and being proud of where you heil from. I am pleased with your review. I will add it to my bookshelf ASAP.
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:

Post by Oluchi23 »

Jewish books are educating myself love reading them. As for this i want to know how he traced his root. I am impressed
Neema Patel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Neema Patel »

I really loved the plot of this book. I liked how this book takes us back into the history of when the Holocaust actually happened. Overall, good book!
Ajibola Gabriel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajibola-gabriel.html
Latest Review: The Vitality System by Kyle Gonzalez

Post by Ajibola Gabriel »

I haven’t read about the Holocaust, although, I have heard the story. I feel like one of the young Jews that don’t know this part of their history, except that I’m not actually a Jew. Nice review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”