Review of Perfect 40

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Review of Perfect 40

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Perfect 40" by Lana Shabdeen.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Perfect 40! How to Live Your Best Life and Age with Grace and Wisdom by Lana Shabdeen is a great book that helps people who get surprised they are entering a new era they might not be prepared for. Aging is an unpleasant fact. There is nothing you can do to stop or control it. However, you have control over how you perceive it. Our attitude towards things is what matters most, and this is what you will learn through the book. The writer does a great job preparing the reader for new phases of life. I believe this can help with any phase, not just the forties. The book is realistic and discusses many practical topics that people can face during such a phase. It discusses debts, finances, taking care of parents, emotional struggles, and much more. You can grab this book to get all the amazing information it provides.

I like how realistic the book is. It addresses important topics and provides practical solutions. It helps set your mind in the right direction. I believe if your mind is in the right direction, everything comes easily after that. I like how the book removes the fear of aging and death while you go through its pages. I like that the writer discusses the ideas that are usually in people's heads but never come out. This teaches you that you're not alone. The cover photo of the book is really beautiful and optimistic as well. It's what first drew my attention to the book.

I didn't hate anything about the book. I would have preferred the font to be different in thickness and size. Reading it wasn't that comfortable. Other than that, the book was organized well. The writer included some questions at the end of each chapter for you to reflect on and a summary of what you can take away from this chapter. In addition, there is a section where you can write down your thoughts. At the end of the book, the writer also included a conclusion in the form of points. I found that to be of great value. It sums up what was learned through the book and works as a great reference.

Overall, the book was beneficial and enjoyable. It was enthusiastic and encouraging. The language used isn't complicated and is easy to understand. Therefore, I gladly rate the book five out of five stars. I found a few errors in the book, but they didn't have a big effect on the experience.

I recommend the book to people who are having thoughts about getting older. This can help you get prepared and organized. If you don't have those thoughts yet, it's never too early to start thinking.

Perfect 40
View: on Bookshelves
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

I guess a majority of us don't want to age, but sadly, it's inevitable. It seems this book offers readers a refreshing perspective about growing older.
ViviVivid
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by ViviVivid »

You cannot stop aging but you can age gracefully by taking control of yourself. The book seems to give valuable insights into this. It would be a great read!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”