Review of The Frazzled Parent

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Review of The Frazzled Parent

Post by Judy O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Frazzled Parent" by Elaine Hogan.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

While I was growing up, I had this schoolmate who was always inattentive; the teachers complained a lot, and he was scolded a lot as well. No one knew why he was the way he was. However, towards the end of the school year, a doctor visited our school and saw him during one of his episodes. He mentioned that the boy be examined further, and it turned out that he was showing symptoms of ADHD. ADHD, an attention disorder, is not a popular one, and people who suffer from it tend not to understand that they might be having a problem; they might even be depressed, thinking that they were created differently or that they are inferior.

Elaine Hogan's book, The Frazzled Parent, aims to educate parents and the general public on the disorder that is ADHD. She mentions that she did six months of in-depth research on this book, which is particularly evident in its explicit contents. She begins by defining ADHD, debunking some common myths, explaining the types of ADHD, and giving an inclusive list of symptoms that children with ADHD may exhibit. Causes of ADHD are looked into, as they may range from simple genetics to the aftereffects of brain injuries and alterations during pregnancy. Diagnosis and challenges are highlighted, as are treatment plans. The Frazzled Parent is a beautiful book that aims to inform us about the disorder that is ADHD and ways to ensure that teenagers plagued by it go on to live fulfilled lives.

What I enjoyed most about this book was its simplicity. Most times, health books spend a lot of time using very complex narratives to make their point; this book was not so. Instead, it used elementary language to dialogue with the audience. I learned a lot from reading this book, and not once did I stress the need to search for words and pursue different meanings. Parents and the public would undoubtedly enjoy this. Another thing worthy of commendation was the extensive research on the book. After reading this book, I'm confident that the audience would gain a lot of understanding and have many misconceptions about ADHD cleared up. I picked up a lot of new terms in this book, like the difference between the "executive age" and the "chronological age" and how it applied to ADHD diagnosis and management. I also came across ways for parents to handle their children with the disorder well.

There was, indeed, nothing I disliked about this book. As much as it was simple and concise, it contained relevant knowledge and information on ADHD. The impeccable editing is worth commending; I did not encounter a single error, and this book was amazingly well-edited. It is also worth mentioning that the author, apart from doing research, has successfully raised a child with this disorder, and her input would be based on experience and matter more than someone who hasn't cared for anyone with the condition. The "activity session" and "case study" helped make the story more realistic and appealing.

Elaine Hogan's The Frazzled Parent receives a complete rating of 5 out of 5 stars. Books like these, which teach us about health, should be encouraged. I recommend this book to parents, family members living with people with ADHD, and an audience interested in health and healthcare.

The Frazzled Parent
View: on Bookshelves
Stephanie Stones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonchika.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Stephanie Stones »

This is an interesting and well thought of review. I would love to try out this book and know more about the fascinating things in it. This is an interesting storyline.
Jê hii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mnnn-g.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Jê hii »

Thus book is a must have in every home.
It is very educative and eye-opening.
Amazing review 👏
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

This is a great and informative book. I love that it educates and enlightens the readers on ADHD. I would love to read it. Thanks for the lovely review.
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

I don't know what ADHD means but then at little age alot of children are easily distracted. I don't feel like this book will appeal to me. Thanks for the review.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

ADHD? There are some disorders in this world that one needs to know about. This is because a lack of knowledge can make a person to damage another's life inadvertently. Great review.
Ekaete Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

ADHD is not one that is to be played with. It is really a serious matter in children and its good to find out about it on time. Nice review!
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anusha-thatavarthi.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Anusha Thatavarthi »

This is a much needed book for anyone who is a parent or deal with children as part of their daily lives. It would improve the quality of life for children with ADHD if more people become aware of the condition through great books like this. Love to read this one!
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

This is the right book to learn about ADHD. Parents who have children with ADHD will learn some guidance from this author on how to handle them, as she has personal experience taking care of her child who suffered from ADHD, and shares her knowledge in this book. Added to this, the book was supported with thorough research. Congratulations to the author on BOTD!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Moisés Alcántara Ayre
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mois-s-alc-ntara-ayre.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Moisés Alcántara Ayre »

What a comprehensive review! This review very clearly tells us what to expect from the book and remarks its strengths, clarity and relevance. Just reading the review got me thinking about whether I may know parents whose children suffer from ADHD--this book would provide so much insight and much more.
Domeseo Camus Meda
Currently Reading: The Stealthy Viral Pimpernel
Bookshelf Size: 195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-domeseo-camus-meda.html
Latest Review: The Beautiful Business by Steven Morris

Post by Domeseo Camus Meda »

A BOOK BY ELAINE HOGAN ABOUT ADHD (ATTENTION DISORDER) AND THOSE WHO HAVE IT CAN BE DEPRESSED THINKING THEY HAVE BEEN CREATED DIFFERENTLY OR ARE INFERIOR.
A BOOK FOR THOSE LIVING WITH PEOPLE WITH ADHD AND THOSE INTERESTED IN HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE.GOOD REVIEW
Moisés Alcántara Ayre
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Stephanie Stones wrote: 24 Mar 2023, 03:04 This is an interesting and well thought of review. I would love to try out this book and know more about the fascinating things in it. This is an interesting storyline.
Though I'm not a parent myself, I found the review very informative and understood that I may know parents with children with ADHD would benefit a great deal from a read like this.
Moisés Alcántara Ayre
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 14 Jul 2023, 06:57 This is the right book to learn about ADHD. Parents who have children with ADHD will learn some guidance from this author on how to handle them, as she has personal experience taking care of her child who suffered from ADHD, and shares her knowledge in this book. Added to this, the book was supported with thorough research. Congratulations to the author on BOTD!
The fact that the The Frazzled Parent is written by an author whose child suffered from ADHD and who has conducted thorough research on the topic makes me feel confident of what I could take away from this book.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an interesting educational non-fiction book highlighting parenting with the aim to educate parents and the general public on the disorder that is ADHD. The book is temporarily discounted on Amazon Kindle and has a well-written OnlineBookClub review. Congrats on the BOTD.
Louie Rebadomia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Louie Rebadomia »

The Book of the day has been great lessons to be learn. It was the first time with the purpose of the relieved of stressful life. The character of the book of the day has many lesson that you , the reader, can realize of the seriousness of life. As the character experience, you would have too. If they have good results, you will have good too. But, If have worst, you have too. It's content of trailer, fantasy, comedy and others field of life. Also, it's content of convencing idea.thanks to the author and to the review!!! congratulations to the book of the day ❤️❤️❤️

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”