Review of Calorie Deficit, The Best Way to Lose Weight

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Big Necesscaries by Beth Weiler

Review of Calorie Deficit, The Best Way to Lose Weight

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Calorie Deficit, The Best Way to Lose Weight" by K.B. Thomas.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

K.B. Thomas has written a book to aid you in your quest to lose weight called Calorie Deficit, The Best Way to Lose Weight. Read this book if you want to learn about calorie deficits and how to use them to your advantage when trying to lose weight. Once you have the information in this book, you can tailor your diet, lifestyle, and exercise routines to achieve your specific goals. I also want to emphasize that this book is not designed to promote any particular eating plan or exercise routine; rather, it will help you maximize the health benefits of any diet or exercise plan you choose to pursue.

The questions raised by the topic on the cover are addressed in detail within this book. Personally, I found it very enlightening, as it clarified a lot of things that had been bothering me about weight loss. This weight-loss guide not only focuses solely on calorie intake, but it also takes into account many other factors crucial to good health and wellness, such as nutrients, sleep, and hormone levels. Even when the author shifts into a more scientific tone, they explain many concepts in terms that anyone can grasp. The three different types of calorie deficits are discussed in the book, as are their pros and cons. Readers can pick among these three options the one that best suits their needs.

My only complaint is that I would have liked a summary of the calculations used at the end of the book. When looking for something that people will want to use frequently, it will be more convenient to simply go to the back instead of constantly searching.

That this book considers factors other than caloric intake is a plus; many people have trouble losing weight despite following strict dietary regimens, and this book helps to illuminate some of the underlying reasons why this may be the case. The book was easy to understand and to the point, which I appreciated. There was no boring filler to slow it down. In addition, I appreciated that the book included a variety of calculations for determining calorie needs and achieving various goals. I appreciated how the author went into great depth to help the reader set sensible, attainable goals and understand what to expect from a healthy weight loss program. I also liked that the author discussed the consequences of losing weight and the effect it can have on muscle mass. Many people whose primary concern is weight loss, not health, neglect their muscle mass, which can lead to health issues down the road.

I gave this book a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars because learning new details about losing weight is always fascinating to me, and this book filled in many of the gaps in my knowledge, such as explaining how to use a calorie deficit to your advantage in a healthy way. Since I am already reducing my calorie intake due to being on a keto diet, I gave it a high rating because it convinced me to exercise more, despite the fact that doing so is not a requirement by this book but a suggestion. Despite the fact that I discovered a few errors, I think the book has been professionally edited. The book wasn't hard to read and comprehend.

If you're interested in learning more about weight loss and what it entails, I highly suggest picking up this book. If you want to get really specific about tracking your calorie intake or your total daily energy expenditure, for example, the authors of this book provide detailed formulas for both men and women.

Calorie Deficit, The Best Way to Lose Weight
View: on Bookshelves
Stephanie Stones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonchika.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Stephanie Stones »

This is an interesting and well thought of review. I would love to try out this book and know more about the fascinating things in it. This is an interesting storyline.
Favour Hillz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hillz.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Favour Hillz »

This review is well detailed and captivating. It contains the important information about the book. I'm looking forward to reading this book. Thanks for a wonderful review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”