Review of GOD'S PLAN FOR YOU: 21-DAY DEVOTIONAL

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Scott Fling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott-fling.html
Latest Review: GOD'S PLAN FOR YOU: 21-DAY DEVOTIONAL by Tim Outlaw

Review of GOD'S PLAN FOR YOU: 21-DAY DEVOTIONAL

Post by Scott Fling »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "GOD'S PLAN FOR YOU: 21-DAY DEVOTIONAL" by Tim Outlaw.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Numerous spiritual books have been written on biblical topics, but none can provide a personal plan from God tailored to our individual lives. However, Tim Outlaw’s book GOD’S PLAN FOR YOU: 21-DAY DEVOTIONAL strives to guide readers toward discovering that unique plan.

The book follows a devotional format, with daily prayers and reflection questions. It provides ample space for readers to concentrate on each topic. Also, the author encourages readers to write down their current issues requiring decisions and delivers practical wisdom on how to assess God’s will on those issues. The author emphasizes obedience to God to build a closer relationship with Him.

The use of Illustrations in this book is one aspect that impressed me. Every subject has an illustration, which the author uses to illustrate his points by connecting it to the verse of the day. Nearly all of them are based on his own experiences. From setting a prefab kitchen island to wearing socks and sandals, there are dozens of illustrations selected from everyday activities. One of my favorites was the funny hunting adventure of Tim and his friend.

One of the striking features of the book is the author’s unwavering commitment to preserving the context of biblical teachings throughout. The author adeptly weaves scriptural passages into the broader narrative of the book while ensuring they are interpreted accurately and in their intended context. For example, on page 16, the author connects the word “therefore,” which begins Romans chapter 12, to the first 11 chapters, demonstrating a thorough understanding of the text and its intended meaning. This is a testament to the author’s dedication to presenting an authentic interpretation of God’s word. Furthermore, the author’s commentary on the significance of context is exemplified on page 61, where he emphasizes the importance of reading the entire fourth chapter of James' passage.

GOD’S PLAN FOR YOU: 21-DAY DEVOTIONAL has taught me some enlightening lessons. I rate it five out of five stars for the reasons I indicated in the preceding paragraphs. There was nothing about it that I did not like. Because I didn’t find a single typo or grammatical error in the entire book, I can state that it was extraordinarily well edited. I recommend this book to Christians who frequently struggle with making correct choices in life. They will be helped to understand the will of God and to grow closer to Him through this book.

GOD'S PLAN FOR YOU: 21-DAY DEVOTIONAL
View: on Bookshelves
Stephanie Stones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonchika.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Stephanie Stones »

This is an interesting and well thought of review. I would love to try out this book and know more about the fascinating things in it. This is an interesting storyline.
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

I love the format and layout of this book. I like writing notes after reading and reflecting on a Scripture. Awesome book!
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 806
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: When Black Shoes Turn Red by Tom McKenna
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

Tim Outlaw's approach to guiding readers towards discovering God's unique plan for their lives through daily prayers and relatable illustrations, like the funny hunting adventure, sounds captivating. I'm eager to dive into this spiritually enriching journey.
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Gauri Roy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Gauri Roy »

With technology's advancement, Faith is being questioned at every turn. The author's commitment to maintain that faith is remarkable. This review is very accurate and intriguing.
Arinzevic

Post by Arinzevic »

This is a well detailed book. What I particularly love about this book is the author's use of illustration in driving his points home.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I can's forget this sentence I got from other book, which says that "I plan but God laughs." This sounds something similar in Tim Outlaw's book, "God's plan for you- 21-day devotional. I'd love to submerge in this book, as I like to ponder some of the author's experiences, and how he realized God's plan in his life. I will make it a mantra that God's will and plan will prevail. Congratulations to the author on BOTD!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Past Speaks by Geoff McCue

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

The book offers a faith-based practical guide for discovering the divine plan for one's life. It provides 21 days of scriptures, prayers, and reflections geared toward Christian audiences.

Timothy Rucinski
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: The Nutmeg of Consolation
Bookshelf Size: 605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: The Socratic Contract by D C Russell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 24%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

This book isn't for me, being a non-Christian. But for those who follow Christian ideology, this appears to be a beneficial and, perhaps, enlightening book. Congrats to the author.
Gudoi JONATHAN

Post by Gudoi JONATHAN »

I love the Format and layout of the book. It have very many guiding scriptures and well defined work of God.
Ron +23

Post by Ron +23 »

This book really is an enlightening one to all faithfulls. A really encouraging book.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an interesting non-fiction religious self-help guide book highlighting guiding readers to the personal plan from God tailored to our individual lives. The book is temporarily discounted on Amazon Kindle and has a well-written OnlineBookClub review. Congrats on the BOTD.
Queenstar Marbell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Queenstar Marbell »

I absolutely loved "God's Plan for You: 21-Day Devotional"! The format and layout were fantastic. The book is beautifully designed, making it a pleasure to read and engage with. The daily devotionals are thoughtfully organized, providing a clear structure for each day's reading. The combination of inspiring messages, scripture verses, and reflection prompts really helped me deepen my spiritual journey. Overall, I highly recommend this book and would give it a solid 5-star rating! 🌟
Marwa252688
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 58

Post by Marwa252688 »

Does God have a plan for me and my life? How do I know what job to take or whom to date? The Bible tells us you can "test and approve" God's Will. You can know His will and examine Scripture to provide God's direction for your life. The book of Romans tells us that as we are transformed by God, we are able to discern His Will. Are you ready and willing to let your life be transformed by God's Word and His Holy Spirit? In less than five minutes each day this book will walk you through practical steps in Scripture in order to be transformed by God and to better understand His plan for your life.
VickyLenya
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by VickyLenya »

God's plan has got so much teachings that make you feel so religious and hence giving you positive thoughts in life The reflection questions also encourage a reader to a point of making you want to know more about God's wills and hence keeping you away from vises.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”