Review of I'm Here for the Bath

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Review of I'm Here for the Bath

Post by José Cortez »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "I'm Here for the Bath" by P.E. Rolita.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I'm Here for the Bath is a non-fictional book of personal memoirs written by P.E. Rolita. The book contains fifty-six chapters that feature stories from the author's thirty-year career as a nursing aide.

The book begins with Peter being talked into working for a home care agency by his co-worker. On his very first day on the job, after doing a good job, the patient still dies. This prompts him to think that perhaps this job isn't for him. However, Marie, the nurse who was with him at the time, convinced him otherwise. What follows in the book is a series of heartwarming and wholesome stories from Peter's long and amazing career in home care. What important lessons can we learn from those so close to the end? Find out in this lovely book.

There is so much I love about this book. I appreciate the language used throughout the book. It was simple and very easy to follow. The book felt very warm and interesting, like a collection of stories told by your favorite grandfather figure. The author deals with some very important and difficult issues like the inevitability of death, the importance of compassion, and the fact that there will always be things we don't fully understand in life. I found it inspiring how a lot of the people in this book were able to face their imminent deaths with dignity.

The book was not by any means all doom and gloom. There were a lot of laughs. There were a lot of interesting personalities throughout the book. My personal favorites were Papa Bud and his wife. They were truly kind and lovely people. The book had different kinds of stories, some funny, some strange, some sad, but all wholesome. The author has lived an amazing life and had some beautiful experiences, and I am personally grateful that I got to see a part of it. Overall, it was quite a lovely book to read, and there was never a dull moment from cover to cover.

I had no negative issues with the book. I found only one error in the book. The book was professionally edited. Therefore, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I found the book interesting and heartwarming. It had me teary-eyed one minute and laughing the next. I was absolutely satisfied with the book and could not rate it any lower. I recommend this book to lovers of non-fictional books, especially lovers of memoirs.

I'm Here for the Bath
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

This sounds like a wonderful book that would boost one's faith in people. The title really caught my attention, and now I can see how a home caregiver might say that.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: SandPeople by Cheryl Kerr
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Laney K »

A book with simple language and a heartwarming story is definitely one to consider!
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

As a nurse, I can only imagine what he experienced concerning life and death and the lessons he drew from there. Would like to read this book. Thanks for the review!
Stephen Christopher 1
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: Sh*t Happens by Gavin L James.
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

You had me at 'stories told by your favorite Grandfather figure.' This book definitely sounds like an interesting read. Thanks for the excellent review.
Baba Thoust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baba-thoust.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Baba Thoust »

Sound like an amazing book. How does Peter deal with the death of the patient and how does he come back with a bang and remain positive in his journey? Great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”