Review of Celebrity Word Scramble

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 339
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: My Life's Stirring Adventures by Tom Leech

Review of Celebrity Word Scramble

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Celebrity Word Scramble" by Bill Maier.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Celebrity Word Scramble: Famous Names in Music by Bill Maier is a puzzle book that belongs to The Celebrity Word Scramble series. It's a series of books that are based on using celebrity names and information about them to form word puzzles. It uses the names of sports people who are in the Hall of Fame, historical figures, and people from the entertainment industry. This book's specialty is musicians. The book starts with explaining the idea and providing some advice on how to play. Then, it gives a solved example with the explanation needed. The puzzle has two stages. The first one gives you a couple of musicians' names to finish. The puzzle provides the first name, and you need to fill in the last name. You know the number of letters through the boxes available for the letters. There are circles around some letters in each name. After you finish the first stage, you go to the next stage, where you collect the letters from the circles and put them in order to form a new name for a musician. The puzzle gives you information about this character to help you guess.

I like the book's idea and the creativity in it. I like that it gives a good explanation of what's coming up. The example provided at the beginning was helpful, along with the tips provided. Each puzzle is accompanied by a photo of a shade of a person. You need to grab the book to figure out what the role of this photo is and start solving the interesting puzzles.

There is nothing to hate about the book. I see that it provides different difficulty levels within the same book. It provides an index of musician names that you can choose to use. Also, it provides a list of words from the dictionary as an additional help. The book also provides solutions at the end. The book provides information about musicians that can be fun for people who like gaining information about artists.

The book provides what it is supposed to. The puzzles have a new idea. They can suit people who don't have a lot of artistic knowledge because of the indexes. Therefore, I rate the book five out of five stars. The book received professional editing. I didn't notice any errors throughout its pages.

I recommend the book to anyone who enjoys puzzles in general, and especially word puzzles. It will also be especially fun for people who are interested in music.

Celebrity Word Scramble
View: on Bookshelves
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

I had no idea you could review a puzzle book, and I think you did a great job. I can see how Celebrity Scramble could appeal to many people who like puzzles.
Victor Ayub Migos
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-ayub-migos.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Victor Ayub Migos »

The author of this book is a really creative person. I'll certainly try it out

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”