Review of Book 1: B.B. Goes West

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Book 1: B.B. Goes West

Post by Proof Readar »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Book 1: B.B. Goes West" by Carolyn West Meyer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Carolyn Meyer and Kel Pickens are pet lovers and animal activists. In early 2008, they had two dogs they would forever adore and love; the dogs include Miss Bea and Black Bea. Carolyn takes pride in showing them off while she walks her dogs and people comment on their loving looks and composures. The couple excitedly looks forward to taking Miss Bea out on the coming series of four trips for dog vacations; however, things wouldn't go exactly as envisioned.

One day, Kel and Carolyn had just returned to the house from bowling at their Tuesday Night Mixed League. And it was prioritized to let their two dogs catch some short-term fun in the backyard for some outdoor experience necessary for dogs, after which they would all sit facing their DVD to watch a film. However, Miss Bea started showing signs of uneasiness after jumping off the patio landing. Alas! Miss Bea kicked the bucket, and the couple would forever miss her presence in the forthcoming recreational outings. Fortunately, despite how sad they felt after the brutal ordeal, they quickly pull themselves together and are determined not to let their coming vacations be tainted with depression, as they look onto the black version of their Miss Bea, Black Bea, to accompany them while they catch fun with delicious dishes, viewing world-reckoned geographic landscapes, and meeting celebrities and professional legends.

Book One: B.B. Goes West by Carolyn West Meyer is a nonfiction book that chronicles the many recreational tours of the author and her husband around the United States at the beginning of 2008. In the course of their tours, they have visited many vegan restaurants and cool world-recognized landscapes, such as the Grand Canyon in Arizona, and engaged in sports and kayaking while never compromising to show each other some token of love and passion.

The author has really shown her deep love for pets and animals with this book. And I appreciated her for showing off her love for dogs. As I am also a lover of pets, I felt jealous seeing the author cruising with her dogs and getting thrilled by how B.B. looks out of the car window while riding along the road. I felt I was with them or probably start planning my own dog vacation. The author's tone in writing the book is cool, and the sentence structure is very easy to read. I loved coming across many cool resort places and film-viewing centers the author visited. Another noteworthy element in this book is how the couple took their ground and held their conviction concerning the protection of animals. Despite the impossibilities and odds they had to beat through to succeed in their campaign against Cockfighting game in Oklahoma, they were able to succeedd in collecting signatures to vote out the unhealthy practices against the earth's biodiversity. Many folks who stand to keep making monetary gains with the unhealthy game try hard to render their campaign fruitless; however, success seems to linger on their side. I also love the inclusion of pictures that show their faces and the many recreational scenes they have been through.

The author tried to be as honest as possible in telling everything they have passed through during their tours, which includes meeting lovers of animals like themselves and meeting those that are indifferent to the notion of protecting animals from indiscriminate killing. I share some peculiarities with the author's nature in terms of protecting the lives of dogs and adoring petting animals, like cats, and I also felt almost the same sadness as she and her husband felt when I read how some of their other dogs and cats, Jade, Rapport, and the prissy Yella Fella, died one after the other. But I quickly braced myself, seeing that they were significantly older when they died.

I have nothing to dislike about the book's content. I found a few grammar errors that are not distracting in any way. And I will say that the book has been professionally edited; hence, it earns a rating of 5 out of 5 stars from me.

The book would be appreciated by lovers of recreational tours and pets. Specifically, if you are sure you love dogs, read this book to compare how deep your love for dogs is with Carolyn's.

Book 1: B.B. Goes West
View: on Bookshelves
Janine rossi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Janine rossi »

I am just new to this and don’t know who this works but when I do I will get a chance to read the book
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: Heart and Harmony: Poetic Reflections on Legendary Singers by Archie Luper

Post by Obc Contentor »

As I am a lover of pets, I am also jealous of Carolyn and her dog's vacations. Thanks for the recommendation.
Unique Mary Iloakasia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-mary-iloakasia.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Unique Mary Iloakasia »

I enjoyed reading this review. The positive and negative aspects were properly outlined. It highlights the good job the reviewer did. I recommend this book to all.
Blesso Udi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blesso-udi.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Blesso Udi »

This review is exceptionally good, the book was clearly introduced both the good and bad aspect,
From this review, I am beginning to like dogs, I would like to read the book and see how far my love for dogs will go.
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

I loved this review. You outlined every aspect of this book. Pet lovers would love this book. The author did a great job putting this amazing piece. You did well. Great review
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

Your sincere evaluation of this book is commendable. The author's honesty in telling the story makes the book more interesting. Nice review.
Christabel Ify Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-ify-benson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Christabel Ify Benson »

I agree with you that the use of military terminologies adds to the authenticity of the story. It's always a great sign when an author does their research.
Kint Golden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kint-golden.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Kint Golden »

I admire The narrative.
I see the dexterity embedded in you.
I must admit This is a fascinating review.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”