Review of The Renaissance of Hope:

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eva Nyaburi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html
Latest Review: Master Your Mind and Energy to Heal Your Body by Brandy Gillmore

Review of The Renaissance of Hope:

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Renaissance of Hope:" by Ralph L. Cates.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Renaissance of Hope by Ralph L. Cates is a book that includes extensive research into the United States’ spending on military activities and how it affects the United States economy, among other topics. The author also discusses climate change and the lack of jobs for millennials in this era, as well as the root causes and solutions to some of the problems the United States and other countries are facing. The Great Depression is described in detail, along with possible causes, by the author. The author calls for an immediate end to all active wars around the globe. He emphasizes that these activities cause climate deterioration, and nations such as the United States set aside a large amount of funding for military activities.

I also liked how the author brought fictional characters to life to explain some of his concepts. That method made it easier for me to grasp his concept. When it comes to social security, the author looks to other countries like Norway to see what can be learned from them. I liked how the author not only highlighted some of the world's problems and their histories but also offered solutions. The author includes references to his work, which adds credibility and makes it easier for readers to do additional research on the topics covered. There are also links to videos and other recommended books provided by the author for readers to research. The images provided by the author helped illustrate some of the concepts he covered in various chapters.

His view on patents particularly caught my attention. I enjoyed learning more about patents because I had always thought of them as a way to protect one's ideas, but the author has established that corporations use patents as weapons against smaller firms through litigation processes, which slows productivity growth. Sadly, patents are more frequently used to harass rivals than to safeguard innovation.

What I didn't like about the book was that it didn't have many light moments. It would have been better if there had been jokes or more fictional narration to break up the book's intensity. But this is just my viewpoint; other readers might like the book as it is.

I rate this book five out of five stars. The book was superbly edited, and I found no grammatical mistakes. The book was broken up into chapters and flowed smoothly. Each topic was thoroughly elaborated so that readers could fully comprehend it.

This book is appropriate for readers interested in topics related to the economics of a country.

The Renaissance of Hope:
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”