Review of Finding Home in the Seven Hills

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Review of Finding Home in the Seven Hills

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Finding Home in the Seven Hills" by Aisa Softic.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Aisa Softic's book, Finding Home in the Seven Hills, is an interesting and witty book that tells about Aisa’s life after relocating to the United States. She experienced probation and anguish when trying to learn a new dialect and begin again after a prosperous life and vision in Bosnia-Herzegovina. Aisa's experience as a refugee in Belgrade was filled with memories of past travels; her life’s paths were often made of dirt and gravel, very rarely smooth, and full of potholes, contributing to her struggles and frustrations. As a result, she lived a life of discontent and struggled to adjust to her new life with her family when she planned to become a native of the United States. Read this book to learn more about Aisa's journey and story.

The book was breathtaking when I plunged into the story. The writer brilliantly displays sincerity and hilarity to convey the difficulty of learning how to speak a new dialect. Aisa’s attainments were frankly stunning. The author’s explanations are uplifting, encouraging, pleasing, and touching. Another point that pleases me is her diligent spirit. When she applied for a part-time homemaker position at the Mary Jane Nursing Registry because her family did not have sufficient money for their upkeep, her excellent spirit enabled her to get the job. She was so diligent, which made her get good reports from customers. As a result, she earned subsequent opportunities from her boss, Mary Jane, to clean the house in Loveland, Indian Hill, Jennifer's house, etc.

The outlines in the book are eminent. This book taught me that there is no substitute for work; beneficial results come through hard work and careful planning. Extraction from the book shows that Aisa’s desire, treasure, and passion are easily seen. The book also emphasizes the law of karma, according to which we rise by rendering good support in helping other people achieve their aspirations in life, and by doing so, we will also be great in life.

The locus that somewhat debilitated me was her fearful and ignorant nature when working as a cleaner in Jennifer's house in Indian Hill; she ignorantly pressed the window button in the house, which caught the police's attention, which made her so scared and confused, thinking that she would go to jail. I expected her to ask questions about the facilities in that house and know how they operate rather than make assumptions about them.

The book was magnificent in each character's depiction and associated me with their emotions. However, I award it a rating of 4 out of 5 stars because of the abovementioned dislikes. On the other hand, the book was professionally edited and also a pleasure to peruse.

After a meticulous and comprehensive study of the book, I highly recommend it to young minds yearning for big visions in life, company employees, and parents who have lost hope.

Finding Home in the Seven Hills
View: on Bookshelves
JkReviewer17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-najibullah-qanit.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by JkReviewer17 »

I understand Asia's situation because i have been in thise situations. trying to blend in to a new kind of lifestayle is hard.
Nice Review!
Tamara Bengesai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamara-bengesai.html
Latest Review: Seeking... Finding... Healing... by Becky Lu Jackson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Tamara Bengesai »

This is an interesting review and one I can easily relate to. Indeed hard work always pays off in the long end. Intrigued to read this book to see how Aisa maneuvered in her life journey in a new place. Congratulations on the review.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

Aisa is my favorite in this book. Her determination to succeed in a stronger land is what piques my interest because even during the difficult time she was determined. Good job.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Giving up isn't an option but holding it up too isn't an easy one. I'm happy for Aisha that her story can inspire a lot of people.
Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin
Favorite Book: The Inner CEO
Currently Reading: In It Together
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boluwatife-ade-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 4%

Post by Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin »

One attitude that can help someone overcome so many obstacles in life is diligence towards life itself. While we choose a field to focus on, we must do it diligently. This is an attribute I admire Aisa for.
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Kelly Peter »

The plot of this book piqued my interest and you gave it a wonderful review I look forward to reading this book. Good review.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

Aisa although naive and found speaking a new language difficult, didn't relent on that but with her attitude to work, diligence, and dedication, she was able to sustain herself and her family. Nice review!
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

This is a heart-touching story portraying the life of Aisa. Her struggle to adapt to a new environment and the different hurdles she faced. Thanks for the insightful review.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This is a heartwarming story of Aisa. It can be quite challenging to learn languages that you don’t know before. And without learning this language, ot will be hard to get a job. Her diligence is truly admiring.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

It's not easy to be a refugee and having discontent with one's life can be terrible.
This book has a good plot and thank you for your take on it
Jay Alex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-alex.html
Latest Review: The 36 Watchers, book II: Spring by Dan Bar Hava

Post by Jay Alex »

It is not an easy thing living one's natural home and going to another place to start a new life entirely. I am proud of Aisa and that she was able to put her story into writing. Welldone.
Maltida Jane
Currently Reading: The Second Eve
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maltida-jane.html
Latest Review: The Second Eve by Bette Boersma

Post by Maltida Jane »

Asia was able to put her story to writing which is lovely. Have big to live your you place of birth to start a new life some where else is not easy at all. So many challenges would be awaiting. This book is good
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Professor Hex Vs. Texas Men by Melanie Sovran Wolfe

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

Aisa Softic's journey from Bosnia-Herzegovina to the United States, and her experiences as a refugee in Belgrade, provide a compelling backdrop for her story. It's a testament to the resilience of individuals in the face of adversity.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

I'm actually a lover of memoir, especially one which deals with travel experience of expatriates. A lot can be learnt from their living as a foreigner in foreign countries.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”