Review of Philosophical Tidbits

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Samantha Barnes 3
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-barnes-3.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Review of Philosophical Tidbits

Post by Samantha Barnes 3 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Philosophical Tidbits" by Michael Tate.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Philosophical Tidbits, written by Michael Tate, is a terrific book consisting of a series of proverbs discussing a wide range of topics. The short book consists of only 84 pages and contains numerous entries that will provide food for thought. The book maintains a light and humorous tone while delivering its messages about life, death, sex, society, and many other subjects and issues. There are nearly 900 proverbs contained within the pages of this relatively short read that each deliver their own message about their own topic.

I really enjoyed the humor the author incorporated throughout his book. This philosophical book discussed a wide range of topics that were often very serious in nature, but the author's humor did a fantastic job of lightening what would have been somber subjects. The incorporation of humor made the book entertaining and provided terrific comic relief. I found that the author's humorous method of writing helped me remember what I had read easier as well.

I also enjoyed the author's somewhat chaotic method of writing. As I was reading the proverbs, I noticed that they all seemed to be introduced at completely random times. One moment I would be reading about death and divorce, and then suddenly, I'm laughing at the absurdity and suddenness of a proverb discussing the importance of not being stupid. I found the controlled chaos within this book to be a breath of fresh air and very captivating.

I also found that many of the proverbs provided very insightful advice. Although I found a few of them to be painfully obvious, many of the sayings made me pause and ponder. Even though the proverbs made me think deeply, they still usually managed to get a chuckle out of me as I was reading.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. It was easy to read, and the proverbs were very straightforward. This book kept me glued to the pages from the beginning to the end. I thoroughly enjoyed all the helpful tidbits, and I got a good laugh from the author's fun style of writing. Along with that, I noticed no grammatical errors as this book was exceptionally well edited.

Due to the reasons listed above, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. This was an excellent and very insightful read that I would enjoy reading again and again. This would be an excellent book for readers interested in philosophy or anyone looking for a funny book to make them laugh.

Philosophical Tidbits
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
ojukwu2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojukwu2.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by ojukwu2 »

It's always interesting to come across such wonderful reviews. Adding this book to my bookshelf ASAP for possible reading in the future. Kudos.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”