Review of The Truth About Plumbing

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Review of The Truth About Plumbing

Post by Shillah Andeso »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Truth About Plumbing" by Avram Friedman.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

You probably have a water system in your home that necessitates calling a plumber frequently. On these occasions, you might not have considered that the problem is within your plumbing system. You might have blamed the plumber or any other factor that you could pin the blame on. This makes you the appropriate audience for the book The Truth About Plumbing by Avram Friedman.

The Truth About Plumbing talks about the unavoidable disadvantages of modern plumbing. At the beginning of the book, the author makes it clear that he is not against advancement. Instead, he is just stating inevitable facts. In this book, he talks about various sectors of plumbing. First, he begins with science, which may not be an inviting topic for some. However, he simplified the aspect in the easiest way he could. Here, he talks about the uniqueness of water in relation to science and spiritualism. The rest of the book talks about the physical aspects of plumbing. He talks about the hazards of plumbing, how installations of plumbing systems are done, and the types of plumbing materials used, each with their pros and cons. He further breaks down the installation of these systems in different places around the home, like toilets, kitchens, and bathrooms. Finally, he discusses the plumber, his education, and the challenges encountered at work and in life.

The Truth About Plumbing has many positive aspects that should not go unmentioned. The author interestingly goes about this topic. His tone is neither rude nor lenient. He states facts that may hit some readers hard. He addresses the mistakes many people make in plumbing and how plumbing is often degraded. I love how he uses a humorous tone, even when discussing a complex subject. All these aspects make the book engaging and fun to read. I love how Friedman defends plumbers in cases where they might have been falsely accused when, in reality, it was not their fault. This is where he links law, science, and plumbing.

I love how the author fitted so much content into a few pages without making the book seem congested. There are pictures in this book that emphasize the concepts he talks about. His ideas are well-arranged and have a good flow. Any aspect he mentions is discussed before he embarks on another one. This made it easy to understand. There is nothing I disliked about this book. On the contrary, I feel like this review will not be able to capture enough of the book.

I rate The Truth About Plumbing by Avram Friedman 5 out of 5 stars. This is a book that will make you question your choices and actions. It teaches things about your home that you might not be aware of. All these factors ensure the book has a perfect rating. I only encountered a few grammatical errors while reading, and my conclusion is that the book was professionally edited.

I recommend this book to all those concerned about the safety of their homes. This may be a tenant, a parent, or a house owner. This book will equip you with the necessary information to make the right choices. It may, however, scare you, especially if you are water-phobic. Plumbing students may also find this book educational, as it discusses some revisions to the plumbing code and some skills that may come in handy.

The Truth About Plumbing
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

A funny title and an unusual book! The book sounds practical, especially for do-it-yourselfers, except for your comment about water and spiritualism. How does that fit in?

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”