Review of Building your daycare

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Agbata Trust
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Review of Building your daycare

Post by Agbata Trust »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Building your daycare" by Rebecca Calbert, AIA.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Most people start a massive building project, and along the way, the project is abandoned and neglected for a long time. That is why rushing into such a huge project without proper research, planning, and inquiries could drastically affect the project. The book Building your daycare by Rebecca Calbert, AIA, provides very substantial knowledge on how to successfully start a project, specifically a daycare project, finish the project, and finally benefit from that project. It’s a book for business-minded people.

This book is divided into three parts. The daycare project is a very sensitive one because it has to do with kids, and because of this, it requires special attention from the owners, communities, and government agencies. A lot of people have been unsuccessful in owning a daycare because they lack the foundational knowledge and the right way to go about it. Building a daycare is a step-by-step process that should be followed properly, as missing a step could affect the entire process. In this book, we saw a story narrated by the author where a client had to convert a daycare to a fitness center because of mistakes made. How do we avoid such mistakes that could affect the actualization of a daycare? Grab a copy to find out.

When you read a book written like this, you don’t need anyone to tell you that the author is an expert in that field. I enjoyed reading this book. I could feel the authenticity of this book. If a reader who has been a victim of failed daycare construction comes across this book, I am sure he or she will pinpoint their mistakes as this book is very vast and covers a wide area bordering this topic. I also love the fact that the author kept this book short and precise without overusing professional language; anyone could read this book and understand it so well; the writing style was simple, and the entire organization of the book was top-notch.

I had a few reservations. Firstly, the cover design of this book in my format wasn’t colored; it was black and white, which was dull. The topics in the book weren’t divided into chapters. This made it difficult to locate some topics in the book. There were also a lot of blank pages in this book. Finally, I noticed a few errors in this book. Due to these reasons, I would rate this book four out of five stars.

Due to the kind of information that is contained in this book, I would recommend it to business-minded readers and lovers of non-fiction. This book was carefully edited, and I loved reading it.

Building your daycare
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Eliah king
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliah-king.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Eliah king »

Good language structure and a very wonderful review. The reviewer did a great job here from the summary of the book to the recommendation and rating .
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This is a wonderful review and I’ll recommend it to those who are interested in building a daycare business some day. It will be nice to learn from someone who’s well experienced. Nice review!
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

The author is thoughtful to have written this book; allowing people to know the delicate nature of opening a daycare. This was an honest review. Well done.
Ikechi Ugochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechi-ugochukwu.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Ikechi Ugochukwu »

What an interesting review. We shouldn't rush into a project without proper planning. I need to see the book so as to know how to start a project successfully and also benefit from it
Chee Amaka
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chee-amaka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Chee Amaka »

This review sounds really interesting. I am curious to know the steps and procedures in in successfully setting up a daycare, as i believe I is highly important.
Feva boy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-feva-boy.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Feva boy »

This review is an interesting one with straightforward goals that is beneficial to those who are interested in knowing the nature and carefulness of opening a daycare. I found this review to be impressive.
NutellaBanana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nutellabanana.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by NutellaBanana »

This is an interesting and well thought of book. This is also an interesting and well-written review. This is also a book that I would definitely love to try out. Thank you for this wonderful review.
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

Building and taking care of a day Care is not an easy task, and it is one that some people would want to venture into. This book serves as a guide for these people. Great review.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

This is an informative book that will educate readers who want to go into huge projects and the things they should consider before embarking on it. Thank you for the insightful review.
Esther Godwin Ogechi
Currently Reading: Adventures with Pop Pop at Grant’s Farm
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-godwin-ogechi.html
Latest Review: Worldmaker of Yand - Eltanin by Andri E. Elia

Post by Esther Godwin Ogechi »

I enjoyed reading your review. This is a guide book for people who want to embark on building projects, specifically day-care. Good job.
For I know the thought I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, not of evil, to give you an expected end.Jeremiah 29:11
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

You are right. Most people do not complete projects they started all because of poor planning. This book would be extremely helpful for anyone who plans to go into the business of healthcare.
Mozi Ken
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

This is an unusual book that sounds interesting. Indeed building a daycare sounds very sensitive because there are many things to put into consideration. Good review.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

This is a great book I have seen so many people start up daycare only for them to close up due to poor management and lack of resources. This is a good book that will serve as an asset.
Chinedum Chijioke
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: The Fairy Tale of Peckham Rye Park by MeM Tekari

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

The author's thoughtfulness in writing this book has enabled people to understand the intricacies involved in starting a daycare, emphasizing the importance of thorough planning before embarking on such a project. Rushing into it without due preparation should be avoided.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”