Review of The Contentment Dilemma

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Agbata Trust
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Review of The Contentment Dilemma

Post by Agbata Trust »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Contentment Dilemma" by Marcus Hurst.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Life is like a school that we can’t graduate from. We keep learning and experiencing new things every day, both from people around us and from our society. That’s why it is very important to have focus, purpose, and direction in order not to get lost. But the beautiful part of purpose discovery is that we have a person who can guide us, which is God and his word. The Contentment Dilemma by Marcus Hurst explains the mysteries of life and how to live a fulfilled life.

Principles have guided this world. Just like there are principles for men, God also has his own principles, which, if followed, have a reward. This book is a reminder of what is already there. Life is beautiful when you allow God to lead you. The beauty of this book is the multitude of questions that a lot of people have been asking. An example of this question is, Why does God allow suffering? More of these questions were also asked. With the Bible and other sources, the author has been able to give deep answers to these questions. There are also other teachings that would boost your faith in God.

The title of this book was so difficult for me to digest easily, but I became interested in it when I studied the words. I would say it was a privilege to have come across this book. Lately, I was having a challenge with an aspect of my life, and the author shared a story that was so similar to it. It was a very shocking moment for me. This book is a work of inspiration, and I commend the author for his resilience in making this book a reality. I love how direct the author was with his writing, especially in the first chapter. The book was written in very simple language and grammar. Another thing about this book was the arrangement; it was very nice. I also enjoyed the different cited articles used in this book; I understood what the author was talking about after reading them.

What I disliked so much in this book was the size of the letters. It is better to give room for more pages than to compile a lot of writing on one page with tiny words. I almost gave up at some point because of it. I did not notice any errors. This shows that the book has a good level of editing. Due to how difficult it was for me to read because of the font, I will rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.

This book was useful to me, and it rechanneled my focus and thoughts about life. I am in a better position now due to what I learned from this book. Due to this, I will recommend this book to lovers of Christian and nonfiction books.

The Contentment Dilemma
View: on Bookshelves
Anabel Mack
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anabel-mack.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Anabel Mack »

The ability ti learn is something that is impeded in each and every one of us. Though some people might find it hard to, it's there and we must unlock it.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

With respect to the review given of this book, I figure this should be a must-read for everyone. Thanks for the wonderful review of this book.
Francis Ignacio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimaobi-ignatius-egenti.html
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker

Post by Francis Ignacio »

This is a well detailed review. You spoke extensively about the contents of the book and what the reader should expect when reading it. Good job on such a comprehensive review.
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker
Chee Amaka
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chee-amaka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Chee Amaka »

The Contentment Dilemma" by Marcus Hurst sounds like an interesting book to read. I love the fact that this review is well detailed. Kudos.
Chee Amaka
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chee-amaka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Chee Amaka »

The Contentment Dilemma" by Marcus Hurst sounds like an interesting book to read. I love the fact that this review is well detailed. Kudos.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

Contentment is a great virtue, i like the fact that this book will inspire its readers. Nice review.
Lawrencebanda
Favorite Author: Tony Jeton Selimi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
fav_author_id: 220682

Post by Lawrencebanda »

Sometimes we get to be in hard times life isn't to it's exacted situation all in all we never work alone God is with us ,Such a great review of the book.
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Azuka »

Thanks for a well detailed review. With respect to your review, this book should be I everyone's shelf. I can already say it is motivating and inspiring. I look forward to reading it too.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

Your review is well-structured and easy to follow, which makes it enjoyable to read. You provide a good summary of the book's content without giving away too much information, which makes it intriguing for potential readers.
Mozi Ken
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

A book that explains the mysteries of life and how to live a fulfilled life? Though this may sound interesting, I find it hard to believe that this book will teach this to my satisfaction. Great review.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

When we allow God to lead and guide us, a lot of things align itself for us. We don’t waste years trying to figure out what God could have told us. Well done!
Oluebube Prisca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluebube-prisca.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluebube Prisca »

Any book that teaches great life lessons and tries to offer good answers to some of the issues of life that we have about God is always welcome. Thank you for this review.
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

God's word s would always serve as a proper and sufficient guide throughout our life. We may be confused at some point of God's purpose and wonder why God would allow some things. I hope to find answers in this book.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

This sounds like a thought-provoking book that will leave one with a lot to ponder. The author explores great themes in his book which is motivating. Thanks for the insightful review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”