Review of How to Talk to Anyone at Work

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mozi Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Re: Review of How to Talk to Anyone at Work

Post by Mozi Ken »

Indeed good communication skill is a vital skills to have in life. In work, this is very effective in promoting a good working environment. So many people need this book. Great review.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This is an interesting review you’ve written. The author is right. Talking to someone and communicating are two different things. It will be an interesting medium to learn more about communicating. Nice review!
Oluebube Prisca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluebube-prisca.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluebube Prisca »

This is an interesting topic that I believe is long overdue. It difficult to communicate in a new work environment but now I can read this to find out how.
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

I have always found it difficult to communicate infromt of others. I just seem to freeze. This is a must have book for me and others who may be like me. Nice review. Well done.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

I agree with you that communication is not easy, especially for introverts or those who are shy, this book will be helpful to them. Thanks for the insightful review.
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

Effective communication is quite important for numerous reasons. The author uses this book to educate the readers on effective communication. Great review.
Esther Godwin Ogechi
Currently Reading: Adventures with Pop Pop at Grant’s Farm
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-godwin-ogechi.html
Latest Review: Worldmaker of Yand - Eltanin by Andri E. Elia

Post by Esther Godwin Ogechi »

This is a really interesting topic to write and read about. Just like you said, effective communication does not only involve the use of word, but also body language.
For I know the thought I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, not of evil, to give you an expected end.Jeremiah 29:11
Ibrahim Hammed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibrahim-hammed.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ibrahim Hammed »

This book, I believe, would be very helpful to many of us. It's encouraging to see someone working to revive interpersonal communication as a skill.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

This is a book that I'll absolutely love to have on my bookshelves.
The help in this book and amount of right information in it cannot be underestimated. This should be a book of the day.
Helen Chizzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-chizzy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Helen Chizzy »

I myself can ascertain that I have stage fright. I have tried to overcome it but I haven't. I would love to read this book to determine what the author writes on the subject.
Rob Carr
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rob-carr.html
Latest Review: To Turn a Million by Keith L. Robinson

Post by Rob Carr »

Thanks for the detailed review. It sounds like it is a really useful guide to communicating with people at work. It is cool that it goes through non-verbal communication as well as just the spoken word.
:idea: Rob Carr :idea:
Kebun Bunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: The Successful Business Startup Action Guide by Husam S. AlSaleh

Post by Kebun Bunga »

Your review of "How to Talk to Anyone at Work" by Carl Wolfe is informative and engaging. You highlight the challenges of effective communication, especially when addressing a large crowd, and commend the book for being an excellent guide to enhancing communication skills and boosting confidence. You recognize that communication is not solely verbal and emphasize the importance of first impressions in professional settings.

Sharing a personal experience, you express how the book provided valuable insights into effective communication, managing initial encounters, and overcoming negative thoughts. The examples of successful figures who have excelled through communication alone serve as an inspiration and reinforce the significance of this skill for career advancement. You appreciate various aspects of the book, including the writing style, title, cover page, table of contents, and overall flow, which made your reading experience smooth and enjoyable.

While you mention a minor dislike regarding a few empty pages and the incomplete explanation of an abbreviation, you note that these observations do not warrant any deduction of stars. Consequently, you give the book a five out of five-star rating. As a young graduate preparing for interviews, you express gratitude for the book's timely arrival and recommend it to nonfiction enthusiasts and anyone aiming to excel in communication. Lastly, you acknowledge the book's error-free content, reflecting thorough editing.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:
Agbata Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

It's impressive that you gave the book a final rating of 5 out of 5. You obviously really liked the book, and I respect your opinion on this. Your review is great well done.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

Thanks for this engaging review I'm looking forward to reading this book. Nice work from the author.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”