Review of How to Talk to Anyone at Work

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Agbata Trust
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Review of How to Talk to Anyone at Work

Post by Agbata Trust »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "How to Talk to Anyone at Work" by Carl Wolfe.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

It's quite easy to draw the conclusion that communicating is easy when we see someone standing in a large crowd of people and communicating. Truth be told, communication isn’t that easy, and it requires a lot for one to effectively communicate with a large crowd of people. The book How to Talk to Anyone at Work by Carl Wolfe happens to be an amazing guide that would boost the confidence of speakers in order to enhance effective communication.

First of all, communication is not always verbal. You could be saying another thing because your body is saying a different thing. Effective communication always seems more difficult when you meet someone for the first time, especially in an official meeting. This is where your first impression comes in. This stage is crucial, as it determines how well you will be welcomed. There are things you need to do in order to appeal to your first-time audience. What are these things? How can you be exceptional in communication? How can I regain my confidence in communication? Ask no more; this book has your answers. 

It's right to say the author has touched on a very interesting concept that has given a lot of people many opportunities. I can recall that when I first met this girl, I was so naive and speechless that I ended up asking her embarrassing questions. I felt like the ground should open. I understood what effective communication entails, how to manage a first-time situation, and how to suppress those negative thoughts that pop into the head when one wants to communicate. The author gives examples of top figures who have been able to make their way through communication alone and proves that it is a golden skill that can fast-track one's career. I was so in love with everything about the book—the mode of writing, the book title, the cover page, the table of contents, and the general flow of the book. All these and more made my reading so smooth.

I have a very minor dislike, which is the few empty pages and the failure to provide the full meaning of the abbreviation provided. An instance of this is given on page 44. These are just minor observations, like I said, and don't warrant the deduction of any stars, therefore, I will rate this book five out of five stars .

I have learned a lot, especially as a young graduate who will be facing different interviews. This book came at the right time, and I will recommend it to lovers of nonfiction and all those who want to be exceptional at communicating. This book was free of errors and shows that it was thoroughly edited.

How to Talk to Anyone at Work
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Fabbie Woods
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabbie-woods.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fabbie Woods »

I must say that I am impressed with the author's ability to capture the essence of effective communication in the workplace. It is not every day that one comes across a book that has the potential to change the trajectory of one's career by improving their communication skills.
Words seduce and pages ignite passion. Let's get lost in the tantalizing world of literature together.
Anabel Mack
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anabel-mack.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Anabel Mack »

The power of communication is sometimes not often talked about and that's a big problem if you ask me. I think we should talk more about it.
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Thank you for the honest review Agbata! I like how you shared how effective communication will be useful to readers by sharing your experience in the review.
Karthigesan Tharmarasu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karthigesan-tharmarasu.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Karthigesan Tharmarasu »

"How to Talk to Anyone at Work" by Leil Lowndes is a comprehensive guide to improving communication skills in the workplace. The book offers practical tips and strategies for building relationships with colleagues, networking, and handling difficult conversations. Lowndes uses a conversational tone and relatable examples to make the content accessible and engaging. The author's expertise in the field of communication is evident, and her insights are helpful and relevant to a wide range of professional situations. The book covers a variety of topics, from body language and active listening to email etiquette and public speaking. The layout is clear and easy to navigate, with summaries and exercises at the end of each chapter to reinforce the key concepts. Overall, "How to Talk to Anyone at Work" is a valuable resource for anyone looking to improve their communication skills in the workplace.
Jimmy Cyprian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

Even I have come to realize that communication is key, but I've always found it hard to engage with people. I hope this book changes that. Nice review by the way!
salma khater 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by salma khater 1 »

Microsoft Office to its fullest extent. I excel at taking initiative and working under pressure. At this stage of my career, I'm looking for a more customer service-oriented position with more opportunities.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

I've always known that I really suck when it comes to having a real conversation, speaking my mind, and explaining my feelings in the right way. With this review, I figure this is a good book that will go a long way to help me. I'll add it to my bookshelf right away. Thanks so much for this review.
Jenni Schmitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Homecoming
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenni-schmitt.html
Latest Review: Nowhere to Hide by Jude Austin
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jenni Schmitt »

I think a lot of us could really use this book. It's nice to see someone trying to bring back the lost art of interpersonal communication.
Chinedum Chijioke
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Reawakening the magic volume 1 by Claire De Voyant

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

This book is indeed a much needed one. I know that a lot of people struggle with communication, it's not so easy. Thanks for the review.
Francis Ignacio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimaobi-ignatius-egenti.html
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker

Post by Francis Ignacio »

This book will be a great help to people who find it hard to communicate with their colleagues or superiors at work. I look forward to reading this self help book.
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker
Chee Amaka
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chee-amaka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Chee Amaka »

How to Talk to Anyone at Work" by Carl Wolfe sounds like a book that would be interesting to read. I believe it would help readers become better at conversations.
Chee Amaka
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chee-amaka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Chee Amaka »

How to Talk to Anyone at Work" by Carl Wolfe sounds like a book that would be interesting to read. I believe it would help readers become better at conversations.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

Effective communication is an important skill, not everyone can have a good conversation with people. This book will help those who need to improve their interpersonal communication skills.
Nice review.
Lawrencebanda
Favorite Author: Tony Jeton Selimi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
fav_author_id: 220682

Post by Lawrencebanda »

Such a great tool to the society wow to the author the book seems so much of a success I love it people need communication abilities to live it can be work and many other places

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”