Review of Eating for energy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Brian Ruguru
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicroy.html
Latest Review: Sunshine Snow Snowbird by Kenneth Bainey

Review of Eating for energy

Post by Brian Ruguru »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Eating for energy" by Steve Edmond.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

When we talk about nutrition, everybody is included in this discussion. A common saying with a heavy meaning goes, "You're what you eat." We can all agree obesity has escalated in the last several decades, especially in modern America. What changed or continues to change?

Lifestyle diseases have caused more physical, mental and emotional disorders than parasitic illnesses like malaria. Left, right, and center, we have diabetes, high blood pressure, clogging of the blood vessels, and cardiovascular diseases. If possible, replace those midnight brownies with fruits or something equally healthy.

In Eating for energy, Steve Edmond takes us through ways to feed on healthy foods, achieve your desired weight, cut on junk, and in the long run, maintain a healthy lifestyle. Unhealthy foods like sodas ultimately lead to obesity. Obesity leads to heart and respiratory complications, sleep apnea, gallstones, etc. In retrospect, if we avoid junk foods, obesity and lifestyle diseases become minimal. It's a win-win situation.

Also, the author gives some life hacks to reduce unhealthy foods. For instance, you can avoid taking routes that sell junk foods. Plus, one can carry a bottle of water and sip when junk cravings kick in. We learn that weight loss is not a sudden change. Instead, those looking to drop a few pounds should seek the best diet plans that work for them. Balancing calorie intake and physical workouts come in handy!

I learned and enjoyed many lessons. Did you know those television ads on pizzas and burgers can help trigger your brain to want a bite of that junk food? Also, food portions matter to the body. An example is choosing a smaller plate when serving your food to minimize the portions. Steve then discusses different workouts to help you achieve a specific objective. You'll learn we have various body exercises. Workouts for the core are different from those for weight loss.

However, while the installment is a valuable guide on matters to do with nutrition, I noted many grammatical errors. I was disappointed because some flaws were as avoidable as beginning sentences with small letters. Therefore, Eating for energy is not professionally edited. Plus, I noted a repetitive trend throughout. Those are the things I disliked about the book. A thorough revision will solve these editorial hiccups. I rate it 3 out of 5 stars. I recommend it to anyone looking to implement nutritional changes for a better and healthier body.

Eating for energy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
James Williams Uzo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-u.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by James Williams Uzo »

Learning about nutritional changes for a better and healthier body will be great. I'll get a copy of this book.
Paul Link
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-link.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Paul Link »

Thank you for your thoughtful review. It is clear that you gained valuable insights into the importance of a healthy diet and the impact it can have on our overall well-being. I'm glad to hear that Steve's book provided you with practical life hacks to aid in breaking the junk food habit and that you appreciated his discussion of different workouts to help achieve specific goals. As someone who is interested in making nutritional changes, your review has definitely piqued my interest in reading this book. While I understand your concerns regarding the grammatical errors and repetitive trends throughout the book, I still feel compelled to read it and see for myself how Steve's tips can help me achieve a healthier lifestyle. Thank you again for your helpful review!
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 380
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Know Your Buyer! by D.L. Andrews
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

I'm sorry to hear that the presentation left something to be desired. With so many books on healthy eating on the market, it's important to stand out. Nevertheless, thanks for your thorough review!
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 980
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Alien Bonds by Carmen Webster Buxton

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

Thank you for the thorough review!

This seems like a great book about healthy eating habits. I hope the author revisits the editing.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”