Review of It Starts at the Dinner Table

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-obioma-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Choices by Ogonna Juliet Nnamani

Review of It Starts at the Dinner Table

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "It Starts at the Dinner Table" by Dr. Eric N. Haley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Dr. Eric N. Haley has poured out well-backed up knowledge which I personally believe should be hoarded in his book, It Starts at the Dinner Table: What I Wish I Knew Before I Left Home. According to the author, the book's essence is to help youths prepare for the day they leave home. However, this book does more than that. The book talks about success and discusses critical steps which the author believes are necessary for achieving success. What are these steps?

One essential aspect of the book which I loved was that the author managed to find backing for almost everything he said, especially as they relate to the teachings of the Bible. To elucidate, when the author tries to prove the existence of God, he does not just tell us that God is true to his words; he shows us actual proof that God is. In trying to talk about his belief, the author provides scriptural backing, and when it comes to fulfilled prophecies, he gives enough evidence that even unbelievers would see. Secondly, the author provides definitions and examples of certain words in the book. I loved this inclusion, as it prevented me from running to check the dictionary.

Informative reads are captivating; I found this book to be one. The author does not only prove the existence of God, but he also talks about personal development. Eric differentiates between a job and a career in this book and provides us with foolproof ways by which we can create wealth. I found myself asking why he chose to share this knowledge. Personal development tips, saving tips, investment tips, and many more are shared in this book. He tells us what true wealth is measured by and how we can get true wealth. The importance of being in the right circle is also emphasized.

The only thing I did not appreciate in this book was the presence of errors. The book was not professionally edited. I found this disappointing because the book only has 53 pages. Due to the presence of errors in the book, I rate it four out of five stars. I cannot rate the book any lower because it was a wonderful book, and I learned a lot from the author's personal experiences.

Christians who are seeking better financial lives should ensure that they read this book. It stipulates a critical requirement that we see but ignore regularly. Anyone who is also interested in personal development and growth can pick up this book.

It Starts at the Dinner Table
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

This sounds like a critical book book for young people who are going out into the world for the first time. Thanks for a great review.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
James Williams Uzo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-u.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by James Williams Uzo »

Christians who are seeking better financial lives will benefit a lot from this book. Great review.
Kachikwu Emmanuel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kachikwu Emmanuel »

Dr. Eric N. Haley's "It Starts at the Dinner Table" is a compelling book that explores the impact of family meals on relationships and personal growth. With a blend of personal anecdotes and research, Haley emphasizes the importance of creating a nurturing environment during mealtime. Practical tips and insights make this book a valuable resource for anyone looking to strengthen family connections.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”