Review of Millennial Apocalyp$e

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Review of Millennial Apocalyp$e

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Millennial Apocalyp$e" by Zane E Brown and Dr. Donalee Brown.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Millennial Apocalyp$e by Zane E Brown and Dr. Donalee Brown is a research-based book that explores the factors that shape millennials' financial decisions. The authors begin by examining how cultural and economic factors such as upbringing, the internet, and the recessions of 2008 and 2020 have influenced millennials' financial decisions. They also identify several traits that distinguish the millennial generation from older generations, including overconfidence, a preference for instant gratification, resistance to face-to-face engagement, an aversion to risk, a do-it-yourself attitude, and a high level of distrust. Throughout the book, the authors discuss each of these traits and their impact on millennials' investment plans.

The impact of the 2008 and 2020 recessions has disadvantaged the millennial generation. The financial crisis resulting from these recessions has affected their significant life decisions, including careers, marriages, home purchases, investing, and retirement plans. The authors also highlight the role of internet technology in shaping millennials' learning styles, social interactions, consumption patterns, and approaches to investing.

I appreciate the authors' use of research to back up their points. For instance, they cite research at York College of Pennsylvania to support their discussion of overconfidence. The authors also provide potential solutions for each of the problems they identify. Additionally, the authors begin each chapter with a thoughtful quote. The book recommends balancing socially responsible investing with a retirement plan, which is crucial to the book's research and purpose.

The book consists of eight sessions and fifteen chapters, with each chapter addressing a significant trait that affects the millennial generation and explaining how it impacts their investment plan. The authors suggest possible measures to mitigate these traits. However, I disliked how the authors used second-person pronouns to address the millennial generation, such as "your generation." It created a separation between the authors and their target audience, and I believe they should identify with the generation to communicate their solutions better.

Overall, Millennial Apocalyp$e is a professionally edited and highly educational book. I rate it five out of five stars for its well-written content. I highly recommend this book to young adults born between 1981 and 1996, counselors, parents, and anyone interested in building a sustainable investment and retirement plan.

Millennial Apocalyp$e
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: Heart and Harmony: Poetic Reflections on Legendary Singers by Archie Luper

Post by Obc Contentor »

The ideas shared by the author seems logically presented by backing them up with past researches and journals. I believe this quality will earn the book some trust from prospective readers.
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

You have done an exceptional job in your review of accentuating the book's positive aspects. The depiction of the plot has stirred my anticipation to read and witness the excitement of the suspense on my own.
Christabel Ify Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-ify-benson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Christabel Ify Benson »

You did a fantastic job of highlighting the strong points of the book in your review. The way you described the plot made me excited to read it and experience the suspense for myself.
Jimmy Cyprian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

This is indeed a highly recommended educational book. A book that gives important tips and ensuring that retirees have a good retirement plan. Thank you for your review.
Ibrahim Hammed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibrahim-hammed.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ibrahim Hammed »

Your review is intriguing. I was eager to read it and feel the suspense for myself after reading how you described the story.
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

Your review is quite interesting and I love the concept of the book, but it’s not my cup of tea. So, I’ll pass on this. Good job!
Favour Hillz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hillz.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Favour Hillz »

This is really a detailed review and I loved how the informations about the book is clearly explained. Well, this type of books doesn't interest me but there's no harm in trying though. Thanks for the review.
Rob Carr
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rob-carr.html
Latest Review: 5 Systems of Successful People by Scotty Schindler

Post by Rob Carr »

The book certainly has a very stand out title! It sounds like a really interesting and well researched read. There still seems to be a lack of understanding of how much economic circumstances for millennials are different to previous generations.
:idea: Rob Carr :idea:
Jay Alex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-alex.html
Latest Review: 1942 When British Rule In India Was Threatened by Krishna Kumar

Post by Jay Alex »

The book sure has a whole to share with the Millennials. I like that the book is detailed and well-researched. Wonderful review...
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: Heard Island by Bob Carr

Post by Robert Andrew »

The reviewer provides a concise overview of "Millennial Apocalyp$e" by Zane E Brown and Dr. Donalee Brown. They emphasize that the book is research-based and explores the factors that shape millennials' financial decisions. The reviewer mentions the authors' examination of cultural and economic factors, including upbringing, the internet, and the recessions of 2008 and 2020, and how these factors have influenced millennials' financial choices.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Where is Ana Amara? by G.C. Eick

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

Understanding the factors that influence millennials' financial choices is crucial, and this book seems to provide valuable insights into these influences, from cultural factors to economic events.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

This book proves from your review that it is going to be a very educative read on understanding humans of nowadays. I love your evaluation of the book.
Aida Nuria Montenegro Jerez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aida-nuria-montenegro-jerez.html
Latest Review: The Transcendental Tangle: Untying the Enigmatic Knots of the Infinite by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by Aida Nuria Montenegro Jerez »

Depression, both physical and financial, continuously attacks millennials, who have always been told to "stop complaining" but, finally, Zane Brown and Dr. Donalee Brown have arrived with their book "MILLENNIAL APOCALYP$ E: Why You and Other Millennials Are Tracking Toward Financial Disaster and How You Can Avoid It" to help us with these problems with a simple and direct style that is simply perfect.
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 221
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: The Wicked Wives by Gus Pelagatti
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 66%

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

The book has a lot to teach people, especially Millennials, how to save their money for retirement. The book is very interesting and very informative. Millennial Apocalyp$e is a must read for younger families.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”