Review of Artificial Intelligence

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of Artificial Intelligence

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Artificial Intelligence" by Kevin Gattanella.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Artificial Intelligence by Kevin Gattanella is an adventure into artificial intelligence's enthralling and rapidly evolving world. This book is a simplistic guide to fully comprehending the fundamentals of artificial intelligence, such as machine learning models, learning algorithms, natural language processing, and their real-life applications. Kevin Gattanella analyzes more significant concepts surrounding AI, such as how this new technology affects our way of life, our society, and our world as we know it. This book explores the past, present, and future of the ever-evolving world of AI technology. This book is written for curious minds in the modern age.

Kevin Gattanella is thorough in paying attention to detail; he cautiously uncovers each layer of artificial intelligence for his readers. The machine learning models, techniques employed, and real-life applications of artificial intelligence are delicately interwoven into an informative collage that is understandable from start to finish. The clear layout of his writing style enables the reader to delve into the world of artificial intelligence without getting lost in it.

The language in Artificial Intelligence is unambiguous. This makes the reading experience easy for the reader, as most books on technical subjects often forget to take note of their readers' inability to understand their overuse of jargon. Kevin Gattanella avoids this common pitfall and maintains simple language throughout his book. This makes for easy assimilation of the concepts of artificial intelligence discussed.

Certain concepts, however, could have been easier for readers to understand if adequately expanded. Alienation would likely occur for the beginner with no background knowledge of computer science. An instance of such would be the definition given for deep learning algorithms. A beginner struggling to wrap their head around the concept of neural networks would be thrown off by the explanation. Neural networks were not adequately expanded before this definition was given. This occurred in a few more instances.

The book's pace is fast, dropping details onto the reader without leaving adequate time for the complete grasping of concepts that may be entirely new to the reader.

Artificial Intelligence is a detailed and highly educational guide that explores the world of artificial intelligence technology and its impact on our daily lives. It is exceptionally edited, and it uses simple English to enable an understanding of complex technicalities involving artificial intelligence. This book, however, has its challenges. As noted earlier, the book's quick pace and inadequate expansion of some concepts might make a beginner trying to understand new concepts for the first time lose interest and be detached from the book. In any case, this book can still be considered a noteworthy piece by students, professionals, and all individuals with a yearning for knowledge in artificial intelligence. Artificial Intelligence gets a rating of 4 out of 5 stars. One star is deducted because of the issues in the book.

Artificial Intelligence
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Paul Link
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-link.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Paul Link »

Thank you for this insightful review I appreciate the in-depth analysis of machine learning models, learning algorithms, and natural language processing, which will undoubtedly provide crucial insights to curious minds like mine. However, I can understand how the inadequate expansion of some concepts and the book's pace can make the reader lose interest. Despite this, I believe the book's many benefits such as its exceptional editing, detailed exploration of AI technology, and real-life applications more than make up for its shortcomings. Therefore, I look forward to reading more books by Kevin Gattanella, guided by his expertise in AI, to broaden my knowledge in this rapidly evolving field.
Bianca Morano
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: White Nights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianca-morano.html
Latest Review: High Clowder Cats by Ruby Knight

Post by Bianca Morano »

I'm fascinated and curious about anything AI-related topics. I think this book would really come in handy. Thanks for the well-written and informative review of this book. I will add and save it for future reference.
Sonia_Gonzalez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 205
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-gonzalez.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Sonia_Gonzalez »

Thank you for such a beautifully written review. I love books that make new technologies, like AI, understandable, and real-life applicable. We have all seen AI in movies and TV series, but how can I learn about them? How can I adapt that technology to my life? I am definitely intrigued, as I am a curious mind.
Chris Agbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Philosophy from the Mud by Erik Quisling

Post by Chris Agbara »

Sam this is an insightful review! I appreciate how the book serves as a comprehensive guide to understanding the fundamentals of AI in a simplistic manner. The author's attention to detail and clear writing style make it easy for readers to delve into the world of AI. I would definitely consider getting this book to gain knowledge in the fascinating field of artificial intelligence.
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.
Anas Rehman
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Anas Rehman »

Thank you for this insightful review I appreciate the in-depth analysis of machine learning models, learning algorithms, and natural language processing, which will undoubtedly provide crucial insights to curious minds like mine. However, I can understand how the inadequate expansion of some concepts and the book's pace can make the reader lose interest. Despite this, I believe the book's many benefits such as its exceptional editing, detailed exploration of AI technology, and real-life applications more than make up for its shortcomings. Therefore, I look forward to reading more books by Kevin Gattanella, guided by his expertise in AI, to broaden my knowledge in this rapidly evolving field.
Rob Carr
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rob-carr.html
Latest Review: To Turn a Million by Keith L. Robinson

Post by Rob Carr »

Thanks for the honest review. I have a real interest in artificial intelligence and it's potential to be a huge disruptor in our society. It sounds like this book is a good piece of work explaining AI. I have a base level of understanding already so hopefully some concepts not being fully explored wouldn't be an issue for me. I will keep an eye out for this one as one to read.
:idea: Rob Carr :idea:
Kebun Bunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: The Successful Business Startup Action Guide by Husam S. AlSaleh

Post by Kebun Bunga »

Your review of "Artificial Intelligence" by Kevin Gattanella provides a balanced assessment of the book's strengths and weaknesses. You effectively convey the book's purpose as a simplistic guide to understanding the fundamentals of artificial intelligence and its real-life applications. The analysis of AI's impact on society and the exploration of its past, present, and future showcase the author's comprehensive approach.

You commend Gattanella's attention to detail and his ability to present complex concepts understandably. The unambiguous language used throughout the book is appreciated, making it accessible even to readers without a background in computer science. This aspect contributes to the ease of assimilating the discussed AI concepts.

However, you note that some concepts could have been further expanded to provide a better understanding, particularly for beginners. The quick pace of the book and the insufficient elaboration on specific topics may lead to reader disengagement, especially for those encountering the concepts for the first time. This detracts from the overall reading experience.

Despite these challenges, you recognize "Artificial Intelligence" 's educational value and meticulous editing. The book remains noteworthy for students, professionals, and anyone interested in AI. With a rating of 4 out of 5 stars, your deduction of one star reflects the issues encountered. Still, you highlight its informative content and potential to satisfy readers' curiosity about artificial intelligence.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”