Review of Expanded edition, Diet Secrets of famous people, Actress's and Models

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
OTrain Disene
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flight Quack
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-disene.html
Latest Review: Mysteries by Graham Wilson

Review of Expanded edition, Diet Secrets of famous people, Actress's and Models

Post by OTrain Disene »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Expanded edition, Diet Secrets of famous people, Actress's and Models" by Roy F. Horn.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

You do not need to be too much into pop culture to have one favourite star you aspire to be like. Whether you are into films, music, fine art, décor, sports, or modelling, the fact is that there is probably one famous individual who embodies what you care about and stands up for what you believe in. With Expanded Edition, Diet Secrets of Famous People, Actresses and Models by Roy F. Horn, we get to learn about ways and techniques that famous people do to lose weight and retain their awesome bodies. The book promises all of it. You will learn about the food they eat and how much of it they do actually eat.

The book opens with an introduction. In it, the author says he will reveal secrets that celebrities have kept to themselves on how they always manage to lose weight. To distinguish itself from the rest, the book promises that it will reveal reasons why most books about this topic of weight-loss that are out there in the market almost fail. Then the introduction is followed by legal notice, which is a two-worded term for ‘disclaimer.’

The first chapter does not waste time. It dives in and lists those famous people who have certain diets and techniques they follow to make sure they stay in shape. The celebrities are namely: Lisa Kudro, Lauren Hutton, Claudia Schiffer, Jennifer Coniston, Nadja Auermann, Niri Taylor, Demi Moore, and others. Some stopped going out to avoid the temptations of ordering unhealthy food, while others strictly monitored what they put on their plates. Others did not resolve to the extremes; they just took it easy and did small exercises. The second chapter talks about supplements—which ones to use and which ones to avoid.

I did not enjoy reading this book. I was glad to find that it was short, only fifty-three pages long. Now, the length of it was the first thing I noticed about it as soon as I started opening it. I asked myself how could the author write about such a complex, heavily nuanced subject matter like this one of weight-loss in just less than sixty pages. Even the shortest book I have read, they were certainly not this short.

And the first thing I disliked about it: The author kept everything brief by not elaborating further on the points he raised. The author spent more time writing about disclaimers than he did about the points he raised. The writing was dull and uninviting because a lot of points were mentioned all at once, and this simplified things to an unrealistic level. Instead of getting assurance, I got uncertainty, which means the book failed. Only the first chapter was dedicated to what the book promised to talk about. Then, after that, it went off course. The book was no longer centred around the celebrities I was drawn into.

The writing was plainly poor and not any good. I had to spend more time on the book because I had to try to make sense of the many sentences. The author tried to keep the sentences short and straight to the point, but instead, the book became monotonous. The pace was fast, from start to finish. When it switched to the food one might consider when cooking, the book came across as a poorly written recipe book. The recipes were too vague to be followed.

What I liked about the book was that the author brought forward real, personal cases to show how true and authentic his methods are. He mentioned people he knew and who were close to him and even mentioned himself. The honesty was appreciated. It also tried to make the book relatable. Another thing I liked was how the book was organised. The chapters each had titles to know what one should expect in each. There were additional resources one should check out if they are interested in more.

So I rate this book three out of five stars. I found grammatical and punctuation errors, which contributed to the star losses in the rating. The book can be read by young adults because they are matured enough for this subject matter than teenagers who are emotional. It is not necessarily the best book in every category you can possibly think of, but it has gems here and there which may be useful to you.

Expanded edition, Diet Secrets of famous people, Actress's and Models
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Francis Kapola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Francis Kapola »

Fifty-three pages suggest that much information is omitted for a delicate subject like diet.
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Aswin3848 »

Thanks for the review. The sensationalism that follows the stars always leads to books regarding their secrets getting good response. However, will skip this one.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”