Review of Peabody Girl Dog-Gone Good

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Re: Review of Peabody Girl Dog-Gone Good

Post by Kavita Shah »

MsH2k wrote: 18 May 2023, 18:09 Oh my, Kavita, I am going to date myself here, but when you mentioned Mr. Peabody & Sherman, I thought of the characters from the animated Rocky & Bullwinkle Show I watched in the '60s. Then I Googled it and saw they released a movie featuring them in this century. :lol2: The rescue stories in this book are both exciting and informative.

Thank you for your visit and your comment!
That's great. Hey, wow, that must have been nostalgic. I searched about the show and watched 1 video that I found on YouTube called"Surrender of Cornwallis". The last witty line by Peabody was Get on your Marqus.😂
Thank you for sharing the original Mr. Peabody and Sherman show. After I watched the movie, I wanted to see more of their tale and now I can.😄
Chris Agbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Chris Agbara »

Thank you for this engaging and thoughtful review. You have captured the essence of the book and the author’s style. I’m curious to read these animal-rescue stories and learn from the author’s experience. I admire her dedication and compassion for animals. I’m glad you enjoyed the book despite some minor flaws.
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

Chris Agbara wrote: 19 May 2023, 14:21 Thank you for this engaging and thoughtful review. You have captured the essence of the book and the author’s style. I’m curious to read these animal-rescue stories and learn from the author’s experience. I admire her dedication and compassion for animals. I’m glad you enjoyed the book despite some minor flaws.
Yes, the author is quite dedicated and compassionate. Whether you are human or animal, she is a good one to have on your side. Thank you for your visit, Chris.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Chris Agbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Chris Agbara »

Your review of "Peabody Girl Dog-Gone Good" provides a thorough and insightful analysis of the book. I will like to read the book.
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.
Dauria04
Favorite Book: Daisy Jones and the Six
Currently Reading: The Mark of Athena
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dauria04.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Dauria04 »

Although some of the outcomes seem to be hopeful, I couldn't read a book that treats subjects as animal abuse and neglect, It makes me feel bad. I had a hard time understanding the title but this does seem like a great book, thank you for your review!
"I had no interest in being somebody else's muse.
I am not a muse.
I am the somebody."

-Daisy Jones & The Six, Taylor Jenkins Reid.
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

Dauria04 wrote: 28 May 2023, 15:04 Although some of the outcomes seem to be hopeful, I couldn't read a book that treats subjects as animal abuse and neglect, It makes me feel bad. I had a hard time understanding the title but this does seem like a great book, thank you for your review!
The author did her very best to protect the animals, but sometimes it just comes down to a survival of the fittest. There were a fair share of happy stories, though.

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It's always nice to see you, Dauria04!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Kebun Bunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Kebun Bunga »

Your review is a thoughtful and detailed evaluation of "Peabody Girl Dog-Gone Good" by Nancy LeBaron-Kiley. The reviewer mentions that they haven't read the first book but appreciate that the stories in this one can be enjoyed on their own. They initially had difficulty understanding the title but later realized its relevance, especially after examining the cover and seeing the author's connection with her dog.

The reviewer particularly enjoyed how each story in the book follows a similar structure, introducing the problem, detailing the author's approach, and providing a resolution. They appreciated the variety of animals involved, including bats, horses, turtles, and ferrets, and mentioned learning exciting facts along the way, like the color-changing ability of ferrets.

One aspect that stood out to the reviewer was the author's conversational writing style. They felt like the stories were being told to them directly, envisioning themselves sitting with the author and chatting. However, they did note that the informal style occasionally led to subtle shifts in tense and implied dialogue that required extra attention while reading. The reviewer also mentioned punctuation errors in some of the longer sentences, likely due to their length.

Despite these minor issues, the reviewer deducted only one star and ultimately gave the book a rating of 4 out of 5 stars. They highly recommend it to animal lovers and readers who enjoy following real-life heroic adventures. The reviewer commends the author's passion for her work and believes she does an excellent job sharing these stories.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”