Review of From Prison to Possibilities

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Agbata Trust
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Review of From Prison to Possibilities

Post by Agbata Trust »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "From Prison to Possibilities" by Kim Nugent.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

One certain day I was passing through a prison wall, and then I happened to see a few inmates doing some labor. A lot was going through my head, and one question I never got an answer to was, "What will those people who are not given life sentences do when they eventually come out of prison? It gets worse when such an inmate is from an underdeveloped country. It seems like we have the perfect answer in this book.

From Prison to Possibilities by Kim Nugent is an amazing guide to helping inmates actualize their full dreams after incarceration. A very common ideology most inmates have is that all hope is lost once they have been sentenced. Part of what the author has outlined, which is very vital to starting your recovery journey, is the ability to forgive oneself and open yourself to mentorship. There are a lot of creative programs that one can partake in even when in prison, and the author has outlined a few of them. In addition to these, the author has outlined a few key traits and skills that are needed to be successful and fulfill one’s dream after incarceration.

I would, first of all, like to thank the author for having written this book. A lot of people see those who have been incarcerated as condemned. But then, this book is set to change a lot of negative thoughts toward those who are incarcerated. The lessons in this book are so simplified that they can be easily understood by anyone. I love how the author divided these lessons and also the self-assessment questions; these questions are necessary in this book in order to track the progress of the skills. The writing style was outstanding. And at some point, the author chipped in stories and experiences, which made it more realistic. I also love how motivating the title of the book was; this was what prompted me to read this book.

My reservation happens to be in the tiny writing style, which stressed me a bit, and I also felt like some of the skills were not well developed. I noticed one error that can be ignored. However, the book underwent careful editing, which is impressive. Having this in mind, I will rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

This book is not one you can read alone; therefore, I recommend it to lovers of non-fiction. Prison wardens and inmates, as this would guide them on their journey to becoming better people.

From Prison to Possibilities
View: on Bookshelves
James Williams Uzo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-u.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by James Williams Uzo »

This is a great read for prison wardens and inmates. They'll learn a lot from it. Great review.
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

I also found the title of the book very catching. It is always something I have pondered on - is a prison sentence a life sentence regardless? Does one fatal mistake define you forever? I think this book might answer some of those thoughts. I will give it a try. Thank you for your review.
Sheen Jenny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Army Life by Darryl Jefferson

Post by Sheen Jenny »

Great review. Makes me want to read the book
Kene Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kene-active.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Kene Active »

This is a very good book. Books like this are rare and I am really interested in reading this one. This review also expresses my opinion that the prisoners' change starts with them. Thanks for a nice review.
Favour Hillz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hillz.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Favour Hillz »

This book is well written, and this is a book that can motivate people who feel imprisoned and feel like they are of no use to the society. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This is an interesting idea. I guess I’ll recommend this to people related to those in prison or people in prison themselves. At least there will get a sense of direction from here.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

I commend the author for writing this great piece, many people after being released from prison end up committing suicide or another crime. Why? Because they feel inferior in society as well as fear not being accepted by society and how to survive. This is a great book on never giving up and building a better life.
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

People look at prisoners as condemned, but this book gives them hope and shows them how to go through their recovery journey. The author really did a commendable job.
Anabel Mack
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anabel-mack.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Anabel Mack »

I really enjoyed reading this book. It has taste and virtue, your points were valid and solid and concrete. Nice review though!
Hyfr Zack
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyfr-zack.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Hyfr Zack »

This book would be of great benefit to people in prison. Nevertheless, I keep wondering what will be in the content of this book. I would love to read it. Great review.
Kebun Bunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: The Successful Business Startup Action Guide by Husam S. AlSaleh

Post by Kebun Bunga »

I appreciate your detailed review of "From Prison to Possibilities" by Kim Nugent. It's evident that you were deeply intrigued by the topic and had thought-provoking questions about the future of inmates, especially those from underdeveloped countries. According to your review, this book offers a valuable guide for inmates to pursue their dreams and reintegrate into society after their release.

You commend the author for addressing the common belief among inmates that all hope is lost once they are sentenced, emphasizing the importance of self-forgiveness and seeking mentorship. It's great to hear that the book outlines various creative programs available within prisons and highlights essential traits and skills for success after incarceration.

You express gratitude towards the author for challenging negative perceptions about incarcerated individuals and making the lessons in the book accessible to anyone. The division of topics and inclusion of self-assessment questions for tracking progress resonated with you. Personal stories and experiences added a realistic touch, making the content more relatable and motivating. The title itself intrigued you and motivated you to read the book.

The meticulous editing was praised, despite your slight reservations about the straightforward writing style and your opinion that several skills could have been improved. After considering all these factors, you rated the book five stars out of 5.

You suggest the book to readers who enjoy non-fiction, prison wardens, and inmates because it is an excellent resource for self-improvement.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:
Ogidi Nmesoma Silvia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogidi-nmesoma-silvia.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ogidi Nmesoma Silvia »

Great piece of writing and nice review too
Chimdimma Divine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-divine.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Chimdimma Divine »

I love the review makes me wanna read the book
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

The reviewer gave a thorough analysis of the book in such a way that i am already interested in the book. I will love to know what plans the author has for these people. Amazing review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”