Review of Mastering the Art of Media Messaging

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of Mastering the Art of Media Messaging

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mastering the Art of Media Messaging" by Michael S Emerson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Mastering the Art of Media Messaging by Michael S. Emerson is an educative, informative, and expository book on how to penetrate and make good use of the media effectively. Are you an individual seeking to promote a product or service, or are you in constant fear of public speaking or media presentations? Is your organization seeking to market and promote its product and services through the media? Or do you seek to gain knowledge of media messaging? Then, Mastering the Art of Media Messaging is the perfect tool. It exposes the "Ten Commandments of Communication" and guarantees to help you overcome the fear of speaking in public.

The author uses his book to educate readers on the power the media has over people, organizations, businesses, and every aspect of human life. To achieve this, he uses the loss of tens of millions of dollars of stock values overnight by the CEO of one of America's top Fortune 500 companies and the free fall of shares by a top airline company from thirteen dollars a share to below three dollars a share within four hours. This is due to information given by the media. However, the author further shows readers how to use the media to prevent such situations.

Mastering the Art of Media Messaging is a highly packed educational, informative, and expository book on media management. The author tailors the book in an easy, simple, and straightforward way for readers to understand. The author makes the book concise by removing unnecessary repetitions and simplifying the information. This makes reading and assimilation easy, as readers don't have to go through several pages of reading before understanding the information in the book.

The book's cover page design is commendable, as the color combination, font size, and formatting of characters make it pleasing and able to attract attention. Readers can understand what the book entails with a glance at the book's cover page.

There were errors in the book, which the editors can note and make appropriate corrections. Apart from the errors, there was nothing I disliked about the book. However, due to the number of errors, I'd rate it 4 out of 5 stars. I'd recommend Mastering the Art of Media Messaging to individuals, organizations, and businesses seeking to utilize the media to market and penetrate the public.

Mastering the Art of Media Messaging
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chris Agbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Super-Delicious Mediterranean Diet Cookbook For Beginners by Janet Evans

Post by Chris Agbara »

This sounds like a very useful and practical book for anyone who wants to master the art of media messaging. I appreciate your detailed and honest review. You have highlighted the benefits and drawbacks of the book clearly. I’m interested in learning more about the “Ten Commandments of Communication” and how to avoid media blunders. Thanks for sharing!
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.
ViviVivid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by ViviVivid »

Seems like a very interesting and insightful book. Marketing in this era has become quite easy but it's hard to comprehend right from wrong.
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

It astounds me still how much the media can brainwash, giving them the power to control our minds. I am curious to read the book and find out more. Your review was informative and captivating.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”