Review of Defying The Storms In Your Life

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MsChet Cherry
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Review of Defying The Storms In Your Life

Post by MsChet Cherry »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Defying The Storms In Your Life" by Richardson George.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Storms of unpredictable strength strike us, often unexpectedly, and sometimes threaten to destroy us." Imagine being fired from your job while recovering from a serious illness, then losing your residence, and then your spouse filing for divorce right after losing your child in a tragic gunshot. This is incredibly disastrous, yet the truth is that you can still defy the storms and remain steadfast. Unfortunately, you cannot run or hide from the storms of life. They are inevitable. How prepared are you to defy the storms? What do you do to overcome them? How can you teach others to avoid being consumed by it? Your answers are lurking in the pages of this guidebook.

Richardson George walked the readers through various challenges of life and how to overcome them in his book, Defying The Storms In Your Life: How to Overcome the Problems in Your Life and Even Make History. This meticulously crafted piece of work is an excellent reminder that no one is immune to life's troubles and challenges, which the author noted as "storms." Richardson is the founding pastor of the Gasparillo Open Bible Church and has authored about six books. In this book, he focused on the biblical story according to Matthew 14:22–33, in which the disciples witnessed a tremendous storm at the sea and Peter's reaction to the storm.

I enjoyed the clarity of the message and the practical principles provided by the author throughout the book. He generously shared his real-life experiences with the readers, which succeeded in bringing tears to my eyes. "Some people get consumed by a storm simply because they believe they should never experience problems." This quote plunged me into retrospection about how we usually think we're untouchable because we are believers but end up questioning our faith whenever we feel rattled by circumstances. I loved the fact that the author gave a positive outlook on Peter's actions during the catastrophic event. It prompted me to view it from a different perspective. The plausibility of the stories was ascertained by a series of bibliographies given at the end of the book. The story of Warren and Pat Adams, whose home was the only one to survive the devastating hurricane Ike in Texas in 2008, is a typical example.

There's nothing to dislike about this book because the author gave his all to ensure the message was conveyed to the readers in as little as 56 pages. I encountered only a few errors, which indicates a professionally edited book.

Hence, I have no reason not to award it a full rating of 5 out of 5 stars. The book is recommended to anyone who is currently experiencing difficult situations in life. Devoted Christians will also find it deeply encouraging.

Defying The Storms In Your Life
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jimmy Cyprian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

An innovative book which teaches one how to become a strong conqueror in life. This is indeed a must read. Thank you for your review Chet.
Ibrahim Hammed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibrahim-hammed.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ibrahim Hammed »

Your enthusiasm for the book spreads quickly. I'm interested in this book because of your enthusiasm for the plot and characters.
Favour Hillz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hillz.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Favour Hillz »

I could feel the warmth entangled to the book just by your review. I'm interested in reading this book because I feel it will solve a lot of problem for me. Thanks for the review.
Noble Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noble-reads.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Noble Reads »

There would be lot of things to gain from this book. It looks a bit religious seeing as there were references to Bible verses. I believe this book would be helpful to a lot of individuals. Thanks for the review.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

Indeed, we can not run away or avoid the storms and challenges of life. I am looking forward to reading this book to learn the different values and teachings the author has for us. Amazing review.
Agbata Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

Wow. Being able to fight your challenges in life is the bravest thing anyone would do. The Author did a great job in this book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”