Review of Blesscipes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 494
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: EXXXXCUUUUUSE ME? A Satire on Publishing by Richard Stephenson

Review of Blesscipes

Post by Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Blesscipes" by Jeanne Marie.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Just as recipes guide one on the procedures to prepare delicious dishes, so also does the Bible direct one on what to do in any given situation to receive the blessings of God. Jeanne Marie combines these models to come up with the concept of "Blesscipes," which is a set of knowledge from the Bible one needs to be aware of and apply to receive the blessings and assistance of God regardless of the situation at hand.

I was most impressed to know how Jeanne coined the word "Blesscipes" and the perception this concept aims to create in the minds of the readers. It was more like encouraging people to stop whining and put to good use the powers already made available to them in the "assistance manual" (Bible). I think that sounds great: presenting the Bible as not only a handbook full of preachy content but also as a manual with potent solutions to various life's problems and conditions.

The book is divided into various sections. Each section is concerned with a particular general life issue or problem and is filled with corresponding biblical passages addressing such issues. I found this helpful, especially the biblical passage in the section titled "Encouragement": "Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God, I will strengthen you, Yes I will help you, and I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10).

Another thing that impressed me was the way Jeanne organised this book. The division of the book into sections aids readability and comprehension. The Bible passages quoted in it are short and to the point. The short notes at the beginning of each section prepare the reader to make the best use of what follows. Consequently, what we have here is a short handbook rich with actionable measures for personal liberation and empowerment.

The book was well edited, with just two grammatical mistakes. There is no negative aspect I can point out about this book. Therefore, I rate it five out of five stars because of the aforementioned merits. I don't see the biblical passages in this book as religious content; I see them as motivational pieces. So, I recommend Blesscipes to anyone who needs encouragement, emotional support, or spiritual energy to navigate through any personal challenge.

Blesscipes
View: on Bookshelves
James Williams Uzo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-u.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by James Williams Uzo »

Anyone who needs encouragement, emotional support, or spiritual energy to navigate through any personal challenges will have a great time reading this book. Great review.
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

As a born-again Christian, I could not find a reason not to love this book. I am curious to see how Jeanne constructs these “Blesscipies.” Your review was a pleasure to read. It was very insightful and engaging.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”