Review of The Golden Thread of Time

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Leslie Kunde
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: All Souls Trilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leslie-kunde.html
Latest Review: The Fantastical Keys of Darius Newton Archibank by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Review of The Golden Thread of Time

Post by Leslie Kunde »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Golden Thread of Time" by Crichton E M Miller FCILT.]
Book Cover
2 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In The Golden Thread of Time, the author attempts to meld ancient Egyptian knowledge with modern secret societies using a tool he believes he has discovered. The tool he believes was used by the ancients to measure not only distance and angle but time itself. Mr. Crichton E.M. Miller has patented this tool. This tool is a rediscovery of ancient knowledge lost to us. He finds it in the Celtic Cross. Mr. Miller takes the reader back and forth in time from ancient Egypt to the modern day, exploring and tracing the roots and possible uses of the Celtic Cross. with the addition of a pendulum and a few hash marks, he makes a good argument for his find.

While I enjoyed parts of this book, I must admit he lost me in a few areas. Navigation for seafaring is not in my area of study. I had a hard time with many of his ideas. The shift from star clocks to the Knights Templar and the Hopi Indians of North America happens at breakneck speed. I did not like how he kept referring to books like Holy Blood, Holy Grail, and The Orion Mystery as proof of his theories. While they are good books, they are not backed with hard facts and are themselves theories. Too much of his work in tracing the use of this tool relies on myths, legends, and theories.

If Mr. Miller is correct, he has stumbled upon an amazing lost tool. The idea that a simple cross seen throughout history holds such a diverse application is amazing. I give kudos to the author for getting a patent and taking the time to present his find in this book. There are articles he reprinted with permission sprinkled throughout the book. These articles are informative and give the reader more food for thought.

I am giving the book 2 out of 5 stars. One star for writing the book, and one star for the work on getting a patent. I deducted three stars for the following reasons: The evidence is not laid out systematically, reliance on what are labeled as conspiracy books and not showing that there is a golden thread of knowledge in any way that I could conceive. If the writer would have stuck with showing what can be accomplished with this simple tool, the book could have been much better.

I would recommend this book to people interested in navigation by the stars and ways ancient people could have navigated the seas. If you have a heavy background in astronomy/astrology and myths relating to the stars this might be a good book for you.

The Golden Thread of Time
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”