Review of Are You Jesus?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Review of Are You Jesus?

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Are You Jesus?" by Joshua A McClure.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Here is a book written by an author who has, over time, established a well-thought sermon; he's been a preacher for over forty years who edifies the church on the necessity of acts of love. Are You Jesus? by Joshua A. McClure is about the new birth that secures your relationship with God. This also endeavors a change of living and an entry into the spiritual society. The author draws the reader's attention to understanding and acknowledging the presence of God, which is an assurance of being like Jesus on earth. The book simplifies being imitators of Jesus by acting on His words. The love of Jesus can never be overemphasized. This book was coined to expose the reader to the greater dimension of love which caused Jesus's death on the cross. This book teaches Christians to take the action Jesus would ordinarily take during His earthly life by taking heed to what Jesus has done.

Right from the introductory aspect, the book gave us a perfect glimpse of what to expect from it. The book covered a few important aspects that describe real Christianity and religion. This is a great way of commencing this book. Also, the purpose and essence of spiritual vision are discussed in the first chapter. This is an access that enables one's peering into God's heart for his perfect leadings. One important emphasis this implies is that spiritual vision is the gateway to the advancement and supernatural turnover.

I appreciate how the author illustrates how the extent of people's actions reveals whether they are sincere believers; this is yet another great quality of this book. The Bible is simple to speak about and preach. But genuine followers show their followership through their actions. The benevolence of Jesus has been preached, but the demonstration of God's love, as referenced in Luke 10:30–37 concerning the Samaritan woman, was one such teaching. I do love the fact the writer concentrated so much on showing love rather than preaching it.

One unique characteristic of the author is the authenticity of his book. It is lovely to note that some preachers still extend their capacities to learn outside the Bible. Apart from the Bible, the author also gets his inspiration from various stories, booklets, and TV ads.

There was nothing about this book that I disliked. I genuinely read it to later reflect on the author's thoughts. This book should modify Christians and remind them of their duties to Jesus Christ when they follow him.

Concerning errors, the book was not professionally edited. It has a lot of lapses that the editor didn't pay attention to. I would recommend Are You Jesus? by Joshua A. McClure to those who have taken a journey to begin a step with Jesus; this book will go a long way in assisting you. Although I enjoyed the book, I will rate it 4 out of 5 stars due to the errors I found. The errors made me deduct a star.

Are You Jesus?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”