Review of On to Plan C

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Francis Ignacio
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimaobi-ignatius-egenti.html
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker

Review of On to Plan C

Post by Francis Ignacio »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "On to Plan C" by Jeremiah A. Gilbert.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

On to Plan C: A Return to Travel by Jeremiah A. Gilbert is a travel memoir written by the author about his travel experiences post-COVID. During the pandemic, all his travel trips and tours got cancelled due to airports shutting down and countries closing off their borders. But in May 2022, travel began once more, albeit under stringent regulations. The author’s first destination is Fiji, where he has a near-death encounter while hiking. From there, he travels to London, the Caribbean, and Germany. Dive into the travel experiences of the author when you read this book.

There were many things I liked about this book. The author was quite descriptive when writing it. The places he visited—their markets, streets, and even airport queues—all came alive with his writing. Photographs of those landmarks also made the book quite enjoyable. It helped me appreciate the places I visited even more. I learned a lot about the places visited by the author and his wife, their cultures, the name of their capital, and even discovered some countries I didn’t know existed.

The author was witty and sarcastic at times. I also liked the structure of the book. Each chapter represented a trip he took, and each location had a heading. This helped not to confuse me. I also appreciated how the photographs came immediately after each chapter. The author made a commentary about recent political happenings in the country he visited. He made mention of Boris Johnson’s resignation as British Prime Minister when he was in London. He also mentioned how the Russian invasion of Ukraine affected his trip to St. Petersburg

There was nothing I did not like about the book. If anything, I wanted to experience what the author did and travel to all those destinations in the book. Hopefully, I will someday. The book was exceptionally well edited, as I found no errors.

I rate it 5 out of 5 stars because of the above reasons. I recommend it to travel enthusiasts looking to travel to the places mentioned in the book. Anyone can read this book because it’s quite interesting.

On to Plan C
View: on Bookshelves
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”