Review of 21 Years…A Collection of Poems on Leadership

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Review of 21 Years…A Collection of Poems on Leadership

Post by Alice Fu »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "21 Years…A Collection of Poems on Leadership" by Vincent A. Watson.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

One of the most important skills that people can learn is the ability to lead others. By learning to guide others to an ultimate goal, an individual can gain the ability to bring life to massive projects that one would never be able to complete on their own. However, leading others can be a difficult task. How do you raise them to reach their potential? How can you ensure that you will successfully guide them to their ultimate goal? Vincent A. Watson’s 21 Years... A Collection of Poems on Leadership seeks to answer these questions and more!

21 Years... A Collection of Poems on Leadership is a collection of poems split into three sections: Leading Yourself, Leading Others, and Parting Thoughts. The contents of the first section describe characteristics that are key to personal development. The second section contains essential methods to unite people under you, and the final part has three poems that sum up the author’s thoughts on why it is hard to find good leaders in the modern day. Together, they form an entertaining manual that guides readers to understand the qualifications of a good leader.

My favorite thing about the book was the variety of discussed topics. Every poem had a different type of dynamic contributing to a vision of an ideal leader. The execution behind every concept was well thought out and helped fill in a missing piece of guidance. Additionally, I liked the flow of the poetry and how the lines rhymed with one another.

Despite the good qualities, the book came off as underwhelming. The main element of confusion was the selection of words and the depth of the lesson in selective poems. While the diction leaned towards the advanced side, the simplification of the concepts made them feel like they were written for a younger demographic. This factor threw off my enjoyment of the book because it felt like I was simultaneously getting confused without furthering my knowledge of how to be a better leader.

I thought the book's concept was interesting and contained many important lessons. However, I also believe the poems had watered down themes with overcomplicated vocabulary. Additionally, I found many grammatical errors. Therefore, I would rate 21 Years... A Collection of Poems on Leadership a 3 out of 5.

I would recommend this book to people who want to broaden their understanding of leadership traits. Since these poems name every internal and external factor of leadership, they can help offer insight to anyone nervous about guiding others through a project or path.

21 Years…A Collection of Poems on Leadership
View: on Bookshelves
Okocha Victor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okocha-victor.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Okocha Victor »

Leadership is indeed a skill because you'll have to require excellent training to direct the caliber of people that exist on earth. humans are the most difficult beings to direct or lead because of their will and opinions. you can never be in sync with everyone. There must always be a no.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”