Review of Manifesting Blessings

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
OTrain Disene
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flight Quack
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-disene.html
Latest Review: Mysteries by Graham Wilson

Review of Manifesting Blessings

Post by OTrain Disene »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Manifesting Blessings" by Lionel Bowman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Do you know what manifesting is? Do you want to know what it is? Well, if yes to both of these questions, then I think Manifesting Blessings by Lionel Bowman might just be the perfect book for you to read and enlighten yourself on the subject. The author describes himself as a new author who is interested in spreading the knowledge of manifestation. This religious guide is short, enlightening, and nice.

The book opens with an introduction where the author quickly reminds us that we all have dreams and aspirations and that we would more than like to see them come to fruition. This is where manifestation comes in. By praying and connecting yourself to God, the author says that we will open for ourselves doors we never thought could be opened. The first chapter then dives deep into the subject by asking us, 'What is manifesting?’ Here, the author says it has been a term that has been used frequently in the self-help community, referring ‘to the process of bringing your desires and goals into reality by using the power of your thoughts and beliefs.’ (page 6)

The author then ties it all to his belief in Christianity by asking how it correlates with the word of God. He brings his case forward by quoting the Scripture to prove how it goes hand in hand with faith through prayer. Then he goes to the history of manifesting. The author gives perspective and shines light on what you might not have known. The rest of the book contains guidelines that will help you manifest all your desires.

I liked reading this book. From the first chapter on, the author kept his promise. He never digressed a little bit and made me forget exactly what I was reading. The book’s entire contents were to answer questions that one might have regarding this topic and more.

There are many things I did not know before reading this book. I had always thought that when people were talking about manifesting, they were just talking about saying out loud something that you really wanted, and then it would happen on its own; you did not have to do anything to add to that. But no, that’s how it is. There are many things one should do to manifest success. The author emphasised and recommended bringing yourself to God.

The author believes everything happens through God, and because of that, you will have to learn about the powers of prayer and faith before you can learn about manifesting. The text itself was smooth and flowing. The author made sure that everyone who might be interested in the topic would have the luxury of reading it and understanding it with ease. That’s why the text was in simple language. Even the quotation of verses was not exhaustive. They were just enough to make one want to refer to them later on.

The book’s organisation was top-tier. Each chapter had its own heading, and then there were multiple subheadings. This made the book straightforward and navigable. If you wanted to read it again, but just your favourite parts, you could do so without hassle. The only thing I disliked about it was its length. Believe it or not, the book’s total length was less than fifty pages. It was twenty-eight, to be exact. So I finished this one in one sitting, but it still left me yearning for more. He did justice to his subject matter, but I am afraid there could have been more to be said on the subject.

But other than that, this is spiritual guidance that will come in handy for those who want to realise their dreams. It was edited professionally because I saw no errors. This raised the quality of the book. With everything I have said, I rate this book four out of five stars. I knocked one star off because of the length and the conclusion, which I found a little bit underwhelming. I recommend it to people who are interested in the subject. People who love motivational and self-help books that are especially Christian-based will find it favourable. My favourite quote from the book is from page 26 that says, ‘However, it is important to note that faith alone may not be enough to manifest blessings. One must also take action towards their goals and desires and work towards them with dedication and persistence.’

Manifesting Blessings
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jude Michael Uchechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Jude Michael Uchechukwu »

I think this is my kind of book, for the fact that it is a motivational, inspiring, and faith like book, I can recommend it for young scholars. It's a book that our youth these days need and inspiring kind of book, full of hope and encouragement.
Tarika Smith
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Tarika Smith »

:) I love counting my blessings and also I think I'm going to Start reading this book. The title caught my eye . An it has a great introduction
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I was surprised by the length of the book because I don't have the hint just by looking at the title. I must say that God answers our prayers if it is good for us. God is never too late to answer. I enjoyed your long and detailed review, OTrain!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”