Review of Esoteric Psychology

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of Esoteric Psychology

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Esoteric Psychology" by Jesse Almarker.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Esoteric Psychology by Jesse Almarker encapsulated the author's journey as he navigated the world of mental illness and psychiatry. The author identified himself as a patient of psychiatry. Later in his narration, he revealed that his father also had dementia. He narrated a story of his observation of falcons when he moved to Gippsland. He then went on about the Australian government and its neglect of the use of fossil fuels. He also delved into the idea of personality, which he stated was made up mainly of three things which were bargaining, hypnotizing, or healing. Get the details of the author's narration in this book.

The book was a journal detailing the author's thoughts, introspections, and experiences. Many of the details in the book seemed random at some points yet appeared well thought out and purposeful in other areas. Following the author's thoughts and storytelling could be quite a task. As I pointed out, they often came through as random and in no specific order. The author's language did not provide leeway. It came through as philosophical and carried a feeling that the author may be saying something beyond what his actual words conveyed — an underlying meaning that the reader may or may not decipher. The book's title perhaps was the first indicator of this dilemma, as the book was indeed esoteric.

The author's storytelling indicated that he was observant and in tune with his world and surroundings. He went from his wonderings about the Australian system of fossil fuel usage to his descent into the world of psychiatry and hypnosis as he presented many levels of diverse random ideas and his ruminations on them. The drawings and poetry that were part of the story gave the book an artistic undertone.

The author said some critical things about depression, dementia, and bipolar disorder. The book was the author's foray into the sometimes distorted world of the mentally unstable. As he narrated his experiences, he gave glimpses of his life and the role mental illness played in it and his family. His journey as a person diagnosed with mental illness made his story even more potent.

This book had a technical undertone, and readers may better understand many of the analyses put forward by the author from a psychological or psychiatric perspective. Readers with a familiar journey with mental illness may find some sense in the book and resonate with the book's content. This fact remained true: Esoteric Psychology was not reading material for everyone.

I found some grammatical errors in the book. I did make excuses for the author, considering the challenges he had. However, I had to deduct a star because of the number of errors. I'd recommend this book to readers interested in mental illness and health and those with a background in psychiatry or psychology. I'd rate Esoteric Psychology four out of five stars.

Esoteric Psychology
View: on Bookshelves
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Aswin3848 »

Our brain is fascinating. It can let us evaluate good as well as bad at the same time. However, mental illness is something which causes short term and long term issues not just for us, but for our loved ones too. Your review is nice and has a uniique touch to it.Thanks for the review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”