Review of A Love Story between 2 Worlds

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Review of A Love Story between 2 Worlds

Post by Laney K »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Love Story between 2 Worlds" by Charlie Lord.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Having previously read and reviewed A Love Story Between 2 Worlds by Charlie Lord, I was more than happy to re-review it. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it the first time. This delightful book tells Lord's personal history, specifically regarding baseball and Peggy, a woman who could be described as his soulmate. During his college years, Lord met Peggy, and the two had a romance of sorts. They did not spend tons of time together, but their connection seemed to transcend the physical realm, and they had more of a spiritual connection. Peggy seemed to sense when Lord was playing an important game, and she would show up to cheer for him. As they both departed college and went separate ways, Lord was able to sense Peggy from time to time. However, she goes missing. How will Lord react, and will their connection be able to last?

To me, the most fascinating part of this book is the connection between Lord and Peggy. They were soulmates and were able to sense each other. I thought that the idea of this connection was explained well. There is even a list of resources at the end of the book if the reader wants to learn more. I always enjoy it when authors leave additional resources if readers want more information.

This book also describes Lord's experiences with baseball. I did not have much background knowledge about baseball prior to reading this book. However, the events of the game were described in enough detail that I was able to understand what was happening. It was not an overwhelming amount of detail, though.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. I did spot more than ten errors in the book. I believe that it could do with some additional proofreading. This is the only negative aspect, however, so I am only taking off one star. Otherwise, this is a fantastic book!

If the themes of soulmates and romance, with fun baseball games thrown in, is of any interest to you, then I suggest that you check out a copy of this book. It is short enough to read in one sitting as it's less than a hundred pages. If any of these themes speak to you, then I highly recommend this book!

A Love Story between 2 Worlds
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Paul Link
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-link.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Paul Link »

Thank you for your review, and I can't wait to check out this book for myself.
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Aswin3848 »

The plot is a unique one. Great to see the writer brave it out and create such a concept.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”