Review of Search Engine Artistry:

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Olga Markova
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: The Cursed by Beth Schluter

Review of Search Engine Artistry:

Post by Olga Markova »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Search Engine Artistry:" by Reynold J Branche.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Searching the web for specific information for academic papers, business needs, or hobbies can be a tedious task with millions of search results returned by search engines to almost any search query. Search Engine Artistry: A User’s Guide to Optimizing Your Web Searches by Reynold J. Branche explains how to search the web in a smart way and obtain the most relevant and credible search results fast. The book has thirteen lessons that cover the topics that are essential for obtaining the most relevant and credible search results. The topics addressed in the lessons include advanced search techniques; best practices and common mistakes to avoid when using advanced search techniques on Google; how to use Google Scholar, Google Alerts, Google Drive, Google Calendar, and Google Translate; how to research effectively and efficiently; how to avoid common research pitfalls; and how to research ethically. Every lesson includes very useful exercises and solutions. The book concludes with a glossary and a comprehensive list of search commands.

Reading Search Engine Artistry: A User’s Guide to Optimizing Your Web Searches, I learned how to use advanced search technics; how to refine web searches to the most relevant results; how to search for primary sources of information related to a specific period; and how to evaluate the credibility of Google search results. I liked that Reynold J. Branche explained complex concepts related to web searches in a very concise and easy-to-understand language. Most of all, I liked that the book included exercises and solutions so I could search the web and compare my search results with the detailed solutions. The book was so impeccably edited that I did not find a single error. There is no aspect of this book that I can fault. So, I wholeheartedly rate it 5 out of 5 stars.

I highly recommend Search Engine Artistry: A User’s Guide to Optimizing Your Web Searches by Reynold J. Branche to a wide audience of school, college, and university students, scholars, researchers, and anyone who wants to search the web effectively and benefit from accurate, relevant, and credible search results.

Search Engine Artistry:
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
ViviVivid
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by ViviVivid »

I would like to read this book. It seems to have some essential information regarding optimized research on Google. The exercises would truly help understand and remember the solutions better. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”