Review of Krazy Tales From the World of Golf

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-obioma-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Choices by Ogonna Juliet Nnamani

Review of Krazy Tales From the World of Golf

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Krazy Tales From the World of Golf" by Gail K. Holden.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Krazy Tales from the World of Golf by Gail K. Holden is a book that lives up to its name. When a group of hockey players decided to play golf, it seemed like a solid plan. However, nobody said they were going to have it easy. This book chronicles the events that occur during the traditional sojourn to Montana. Each of the book's ninety chapters has a funny narrative to serve the reader's pleasure. The book exposes the reader to the inner sanctuary of the activities that herald the game of golf.

The author, Gail K. Holden, a participant, spares no ink in reporting these events. It is one prank after the other for the team as they pass through different phases of initiation and “friendship” in the world of golf. In their world, justice will always be done, even if it comes at the expense of one of their friends.

The book has several positive aspects. First, no character dominates the stories; the author navigates the stories chapter by chapter. The story begins with a short introduction to give the reader a better understanding. The author writes about true golf stories from Spokane, Idaho, Seattle, and their landmark golf point, Montana. Some of the stories are hilarious, while some are plainly annoying from the standpoint of the victim. One thing that is certain for the guys in all the stories is that lessons are always learned. I absolutely enjoyed reading this book. I loved the stories and the way they portrayed the spirit of sportsmanship among the characters. The stories are conveyed in the most realistic manner. The author’s use of golf terminologies hints at the accuracy of his research and drives the story home.

One negative aspect of the book is that a novice like myself in the game of golf would need to visit the dictionary multiple times to understand the terminologies used in the book. Also, some of the stories may not be funny for people who do not understand golf terms. Most of the stories need at least a basic understanding of the game of golf before one can get in on the jokes.

I give this book a rating of four out of five stars. The reason for my rating is that the book is quite an enjoyable read. It is a form of comic relief for lovers of comedy. However, the negative aspects I listed above prevent me from rating the book any higher. This book was professionally edited, as I found only a few errors in the whole book.

I recommend this book to golf players and lovers of golf all over the world. I also recommend this book to lovers of comedy and those who would love a good laugh out of anything. The book is a fun read.

Krazy Tales From the World of Golf
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Okocha Victor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okocha-victor.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Okocha Victor »

I love the way the crazy is spelled on the title of the book. It is so different and inviting. I have always seen golf as a lame and boring sport that only old people enjoy. I have never been able to understand the mechanics behind it. Thank you for sharing this awesome review with us.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”