Review of Lawn Love Letters

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Review of Lawn Love Letters

Post by Alice Fu »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lawn Love Letters" by Bailey Warnen.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Bailey Warnen’s Lawn Love Letters is a collection of letters between Bryce and Jill, two people who began an affair after realizing they were both unhappy in their respective marriages. Between their encounters, they wrote each other letters which explained the reasoning behind their actions, whether it was an action that got executed when flirting or words thrown during an argument. By reading their letters, readers can ride the roller coaster of emotions that the lovers experience while dealing with one another while simultaneously piecing together the events that occur in between.

One of my favorite things about this book was its formatting. In contrast to a story filled with chapters, this book contained a series of letters written by multiple people. Every section had a unique voice and format, creating a sense of diversity within the characters. To further strengthen their voices, each person’s letter was written in different fonts, making it even easier to tell who was telling the story. Additionally, there were clips of gifts and signatures, which helped further enhance the plot.

Additionally, I loved the character development that happened throughout the letters. As the book progressed, I could see how Bryce and Jill’s feelings for one another changed throughout the book. The changes in their writing helped further enhance the characters, making it feel like I was reading letters written by my friends.

Despite this book being a beautiful read, one aspect particularly irritated me: Bryce's levels of persistence. Although I enjoyed navigating his emotions, I couldn't help but notice a difference in the length of the letters between him and Jill. As a result, there were moments when I felt myself getting sick of reading from his point of view. However, I see no reason to deduct a star because the writing perfectly matches his personality and helps explain feelings that Jill never directly discussed.

This book was a great example of a riveting romance. As soon as I began, I couldn't stop reading the book, constantly wanting to see what would happen next. The series of dramatics was a delightful journey that I'm grateful to have been able to witness. Although there were some grammatical errors, they didn’t hinder my enjoyment of the book. I see no reason to give it any less than a 5 out of 5.

I would recommend Lawn Love Letters to those who are hopeless romantics. The cycles of love are evident throughout the book, and the mystery behind the characters brings a sense of anticipation that will whisk fans of this genre into an entirely different world.

Lawn Love Letters
View: on Bookshelves
ViviVivid
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by ViviVivid »

Doesn't seem like a book I would want to read. However, the review was to the point and gave a clear picture. Thanks!
Ivana_5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ivana_5 »

Letter is a romantic way to say ❤️☺️ how much love someone 💗👄. This story sending message how is strong and inspiring 🙏❤️ love. Father don't separate lovers but faith 🙏 and deeply emotional 💞 every win. Letters of couple say us how word touch on heart and and soul. I recommend that story everyone why like a emotional love story.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I love sending letters. Through letters, one can build strong and deep relationships with one another. I like its authenticity and how words can be so sweet and impactful. Until now, I have a letter buddy, because I like expressing myself through writing. This book will resonate with me. Thanks for your lovely review, Alice!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Rica Concepcion
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by Rica Concepcion »

My curiosity built up while reading this review, and I want to dig into the lives of married people who are unhappy in their relationship and inspect their perspectives on life. This was an interesting and detailed review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”