Review of CASE: Continuous Agile Software Engineering

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Agbata Trust
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Review of CASE: Continuous Agile Software Engineering

Post by Agbata Trust »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "CASE: Continuous Agile Software Engineering" by Erik Gassler.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I had a moment of happiness to have come across the book CASE: Continuous Agile Software Engineering by Erik Gassier because it was enriched with vital information that makes a software developer different from others. This book is heavily packed and requires careful attention in order to better understand it.

Software development is a broad field in which most people have tried and failed, with a few being successful. A lot contributes to the difficulty of this subject, some of which are rigidity, a lack of feedback from customers, the methodologies used by most developers, etc. These problems have been thoroughly dealt with in the CASE tenets, which happen to be the basic lesson of this book. Our journey to broaden our understanding of software development would be boosted by integrating these tenets into our system of work. This book would go a long way toward making you outstanding.

I was very careful while reading this book due to how sensitive the subject is, so as not to get lost. In my course of reading, there were a lot of impressive things I noticed, of which I cannot mention all but a few. And the first thing I noticed was the careful and lucid description of the book and what was expected of the audience. This was amazing because anyone who picked up the book and read it would give it their maximum attention. I loved the writing style of the author; it was so engaging and free from distracting topics. I also loved how the topics were highly specified and less bulky. It was more of a simplified guide that was easy to comprehend for those who had joined or were about to join this field. The words were very visible, which added to the ease of this read.

The only minor challenge I had while reading was the few empty pages I came across and also how the chapters were introduced; it wasn’t so pronounced. Apart from these minor challenges that were just mentioned, this book was flawlessly edited, which also proves the error-free writing. Based on what has been said so far, this book deserves a five out of five stars rating.

A lot of software developers would be happy to come across this book, as it would go a long way toward refining the knowledge they already have about development. Therefore, I would recommend this book to software developers and those who are interested in learning about software development.

CASE: Continuous Agile Software Engineering
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sheen Jenny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Sheen Jenny »

This is a great review. From your review I can already tell the book will be helpful and will teach software programmers and developers a lot.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Akinyemi Oluwabukunmi Mustapha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinyemi-oluwabukunmi-mustapha.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Akinyemi Oluwabukunmi Mustapha »

It's impressive that you gave the book a final rating of 5 out of 5. You obviously really liked the book, and I respect your opinion on this. Your review is great well done.
Collins Umunnakwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collins-umunnakwe.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Collins Umunnakwe »

A really nice review. Looks like software developers would learn alot and be encouraged to keep up their good work. I would have to read this book sometime in the future.
Nkem Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkem-blessing.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nkem Blessing »

A good review. With this i think I will give the book a bit of my time. As it seems interesting. Software engineering is some how fun to go for.
Nkem Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkem-blessing.html

Post by Nkem Blessing »

A good review. With this i think I will give the book a bit of my time. As it seems interesting. Software engineering is some how fun to go for.
Ogidi Nmesoma Silvia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogidi-nmesoma-silvia.html

Post by Ogidi Nmesoma Silvia »

Wow such a nice review I think this book will really be of help to software developers.
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

Software development is a growing field that promises a lot of profit in our society today. The author provides helpful information for those in this field. Thanks for the review.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

Wow... So it is safe to say that this book is recommended to software engineers and developers. I think that I'll be getting this book for my brother. Very comprehensive review.
Kelvin Modilim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

This book seems like quite the interesting book. I think it's really engaging and anyone who reads it would love it. It's really nice. Nice work.
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

I agree that software development is often rare and complicated. A book like this would be welcomed on the market due to the sensitivity of the issue being addressed. I love how your review summarizes the book.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|
Jimmy Cyprian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

I always wanted to get into software development, as I heard it's the new gold. But due to its complications, I haven't really found that push to go into it. I hope I do someday.
Udegbunam Miriam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miami-liam.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Udegbunam Miriam »

Wow, this is my first time coming across a book like this. A book that teaches you about software development. There are people that will appreciate it. Interesting review.
Agbata Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

Wow, what a great review from an experienced reader. A great review shows a great book, and I definitely will be adding this piece to my shelve
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

Good review. With this i think I will give this a
pass. Software engineering is not really my thing.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”