Review of 75 Quotes of Inspiration for Today

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 296
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Living Intentionally by Viterose Van huis

Review of 75 Quotes of Inspiration for Today

Post by Mayang Bature »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "75 Quotes of Inspiration for Today" by Gregory Anson.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Inspiration is what fuels our minds and keeps us going, even in the most difficult of circumstances. The author of this book, 75 Quotes of Inspiration for Today, Gregory Anson, assists in providing valid sources of encouragement to uplift a person's spirits, no matter what situation one finds themselves in.

This book was divided into seven parts, each focusing on a different virtue required for living a satisfying life while also being a source of joy to others. I liked how this made a significant portion of the book focused on one aspect, which allowed for proper analysis and insight into that aspect. To supplement, each quote was followed by an activity that explained how to apply it in everyday life. Because of this, the book was compact and provided an interesting reading experience.

My favorite part of the book was the section on determination. I'm not sure if it was the idea of succeeding against all odds or the idea of never giving up that held my interest, but the chapter was fantastic. The book also discusses kindness and gratitude, as well as tips for overcoming anxiety. It would really resonate with people from all walks of life, and I appreciate the author taking that into account.

To claim that this book was without flaws would be a gross exaggeration. I discovered numerous errors that appeared to be the result of careless editing. This had an impact on my reading because I would have to read a specific section again to ensure that I hadn't just read it incorrectly. That did not sit well with me. I also discovered that some of the quotes were only tangentially related to the main theme of the chapter. The section about hope had the most of these quotes because some of the quotes had nothing to do with having hope. Maybe I didn't understand these passages the way the author intended, but the fact remains that I saw them as loosely related. I think much better wording and phrasing would have made the message much clearer.

Due to the aforementioned negatives, I award this book a rating of 3 out of 5 stars. It had many significant messages, but it could benefit from another round of meticulous editing. Some of the messages could have been stated better as well. Finally, it wouldn't be a bad way to start your day because it contains crucial information. I believe that teens and older would be the ideal target audience for this book because it contains no profanity.

75 Quotes of Inspiration for Today
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will always exist.

~Uchiha M.
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

Back in the day quotes kept me going. I loved to look up to them for comfort during certain circumstances. I, therefore, understand well that arranging them will be easy for someone who's looking for motivation in a particular area. You analyzed the book well.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”