Review of Mindsponge Theory

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Review of Mindsponge Theory

Post by abstactlemon »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mindsponge Theory" by Quan-Hoang Vuong.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong is a fantastic piece that delves into the logistics of how we think. The book teaches us how to view our minds in relation to the world surrounding us and our own bodies. It analyzes this topic from different angles and levels, including physiological and ecological, as the author dives into this theory of "mindsponge". The author also talks about his experiences as a Ph.D. holder and scientist, as well as his beliefs concerning the natural and social sciences.

This was a wildly fascinating read. I liked the fun approach Vuong took to learning, and his experiences added a human element. The storytelling also made for great immersion as he talked about his theories and findings while providing ample evidence scientifically supporting them. He drew from fields like neuroscience and biology in order to enable an understanding of how our minds process the constant information that they receive from day to day.

I loved how the book leads us to explore our own conclusions and answers to how our minds process information rather than just providing a one-size-fits-all explanation.

I came in mostly expecting a scientific read, but this book is also philosophical in a lot of ways, informing and guiding the development of new approaches to cognitive growth.

All that being said, I have to give this book 5 out of 5 stars, as the book did what it set out to accomplish, which was to expand our scope of thinking. The editing was also flawless, as I didn't discover any errors or typos. It was a great book, and I really can't think of any criticisms to make or anything I disliked about it. I believe it is recommendable for a casual and informative read, but it can also work for a professional looking for a deeper scientific understanding of the topic and concepts being discussed.

Mindsponge Theory
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
it is what it is ....
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

Understanding how our minds work is key to how we learn. It is a good thing to read such books and understand what works for specific individuals as everyone is unique.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”