Review of The Life of a Stone

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jane Ogwang
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-ogwang.html
Latest Review: Dr. Marsha and the Case of the Missing Marshmallows and Hotdogs by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Review of The Life of a Stone

Post by Jane Ogwang »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Life of a Stone" by Peter Simon Mond.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Do you believe in the idea of incarnation, that our lives transcend the boundaries of time and space? You probably have not thought much about it, and I suggest you research the topic. You could explore life-between-life therapy, a groundbreaking approach that allows one to access the memories, wisdom, and insights from their past lives. This book, The Life of a Stone by Peter Simon Mond, delves into the depths of the author's experiences through various stages of his life.

The book tells the story of the author's journey over the passage of two lives. The first one is the experience lived in the past in Poland during the Second World War. Here, he provides details of his family and their torture and harrowing experiences in the Warsaw Ghetto and concentration camps. He narrates stories of how their days looked like and how they survived the difficult periods that they did. The second life he describes is his current one in England and Israel. Again, he gives a background of his life and the people around him. He talks about the highs and lows of life and explores the lessons he picked from his successes and failures over the years. He relates some of his experiences to his past life and educates readers on the importance of exploring the depths of our past lives.

This book had compelling arguments and narrations. I do not believe in the whole idea around incarnations. I've always thought it's fictitious and superstitious, and that's one of the reasons I picked this book for review. The author's beliefs and convictions throughout the book challenged me. He came out as confident and sure of what he was writing. This challenged my dismissive attitude, and I think there's something here. Peter did a splendid job unifying recurring themes and occurrences from both lives. He used straightforward and accessible language that helped me wrap my head around the seemingly divine encounters and connections.

Another critical aspect of the book was weaving historical elements and current day-to-day encounters. It was great to discuss the injustices perpetrated during the Holocaust and end with the modern-day conflicts we have with each other. This made for not just an insightful but also a relatable read. The book's length was perfect, and the organization was excellent. There is nothing negative that I noticed in the book.

I, therefore, give it a perfect rating of five out of five stars. It was insightful, well-written, and professionally edited. Anyone intending to explore their own retrospective journey and incarnations will surely enjoy reading this book. If you are curious about the idea of incarnations like I was, this is also the book for you.

The Life of a Stone
View: on Bookshelves
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: SandPeople by Cheryl Kerr
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Laney K »

I am not entirely sold on the idea of incarnations, but this does sound like a fascinating book. Thanks for the informative review!
Okocha Victor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okocha-victor.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Okocha Victor »

Reading the title of this book made me laugh. I came across a post one day on the internet, and I think it's from SUGA from BTS that said he wants to be bought in his next life as a stone. Excellent review. I don't believe in reincarnation, though; there are too many lives to be lived than continuing someone else's script.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”