Review of Mary's Life Journey & Her Amazing Yes!

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ejimma Chika Promise
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejimma-chika-promise.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Review of Mary's Life Journey & Her Amazing Yes!

Post by Ejimma Chika Promise »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mary's Life Journey & Her Amazing Yes!" by Denise Mercado.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

It all started with an argument between a Catholic priest and a Japanese ambassador about why there was war in the world when Mother Mary instructed the Catholics to pray for peace in the world. In his defense, the priest said that though some Catholics do not pray the rosary or obey the instructions as given by Mother Mary, peace is everyone's responsibility. Did the ambassador accept the words spoken to him by the Catholic priest?

The author went on to explain the discrepancy between the scriptures and the Infancy Gospel of James, which was condemned by several church councils and was excluded from the Bible around 500 AD. The sin of Adam and Eve made us faulty in the eyes of God whenever we were in His presence. Therefore, there is a need for reconciliation. How does God intend to do this? What made Mary involved in this plan, and what was the implication of her amazing yes? Grab a copy of this eye-opening book to get the answers to these questions and more.

Mary's Life Journey & Her Amazing Yes! by Denise Mercado is a typical example of a knowledge-packed book. I like how open-minded and honest the author is while describing her experience as a member of the Catholic and Protestant churches. Through her explanations, one will know that she is not biased. I was able to relate and flow along as the author was plain with her explanations.

It is fantastic to know that the author mentioned the works of other people she reviewed during her research in the book and carried out a thorough comparison as well as a comparison of similarities. At times, in conflicting situations among the beliefs of various groups, she asks questions, leaving the reader to discover the answers later on in the book as he or she continues reading.

Part of the lesson learned is that God always answers our prayers and requests, but as humans, we fail to acknowledge that fact. This was portrayed by the children of Isreal in the Bible. It gave me more insight into the specific nature of God as contained in His instructions. I enjoyed the author's vivid narration of various biblical accounts, such as the journey of the children of Israel, the misfortune of Uzzah, and so on.

There is nothing I dislike about this book. Despite its length, I found only a few errors therein. This signifies that it was professionally edited, and it did not prevent me from enjoying the book. Hence, I'm giving it a rating of five out of five stars. I will recommend this book to anyone who is a Catholic or anyone interested in Catholics because they will learn a lot from the author's research.

Mary's Life Journey & Her Amazing Yes!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Okocha Victor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okocha-victor.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Okocha Victor »

In the history of Christianity, I have never seen where Mary gave instructions to pray for the world or where she was seen as a figure of great authority. But then again, religion and tribes differed, and everyone believes what was passed down to them by their parents and religious leaders.
ikechukwuamarachi+55
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwuamarachi-55.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by ikechukwuamarachi+55 »

I couldn't help but laugh at the argument between the priest and the ambassador. They may be right in their own way.
Peter Emma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peter-emma.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Peter Emma »

This argument between this two parties is something that is thought about. Why is there war even though mother mary's personality speaks peace which we are always to pray for? Nice review.
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

I admire this book, the first fall of man began with the disobedience of Adam and Eve. I'm looking forward to reading it for more insight.
Favour Hann
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hann.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Favour Hann »

Peace is a relevant virtue that is meant to be exhibited by everyone. In my own view, the scripture is the standard that should be followed.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

I will read "Mary's Life Journey & Her Amazing Yes!" by Denise Mercado to learn about the discrepancy between the scriptures and the Infancy Gospel of James, which was condemned by several church councils. Thanks for the review.
Odichimma Okoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odichimma-okoye.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Odichimma Okoye »

I like what the reviewer picked up. God answers prayers, we're just too shallow to acknowledge him. He could respond with a yes a no or a wait, and it'd all be for our good entirely. Some people drift farther from Him because they fail to understand this single thing.
:D Hi! Thanks for stopping by to read my reviews. Leave a reply and let me see what you think about my reviews and the books I review. I'll be willing to take any corrections and grateful for any replies. Thanks! :tiphat:
Nicholas Bush
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholas-bush.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nicholas Bush »

Peace is a relevant virtue that is meant to be exhibited by everyone. In my own view, the scripture is the standard that should be followed.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Robert Andrew »

The review hints at the author's discussion of the discrepancy between scriptures and the Infancy Gospel of James, which was excluded from the Bible in the past. It also touches on the concept of reconciliation with God due to the sin of Adam and Eve and the involvement of Mary in this plan.
Uchechi uk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchechi-uk.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Uchechi uk »

God will always want the best for us and these can be proved from the Bible scriptures along with the story of Adam and Eve. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”