Review of Happiness to the 10th Power

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ejimma Chika Promise
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejimma-chika-promise.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Review of Happiness to the 10th Power

Post by Ejimma Chika Promise »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Happiness to the 10th Power" by T. Calvin Ward.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward starts by introducing us to the beginning of spirituality and religion. To determine when religion started, we must first know when spirituality started. Chimpanzees only convey their spirituality through rhythmic dance, according to Jane Goodall, who spoke at a lecture the author attended at the University of California, Davis campus. The author mentioned ten keys that are capable of increasing our happiness. While the first is religion and meditation, the second is honesty. Grab a copy of this book to learn the remaining keys.

I have heard people mention three words: learn, relearn, and unlearn. I experienced these three words while reading this book. I learned a lot from the author's teachings. For example, I have never heard of the word yoga or the concept behind it. I have never thought that one practice would be common in every religion, i.e., meditation. I have always approached meditation with a light hand, not knowing the numerous benefits that come with it. The author exposes us to the negative effects of noise or staying in a noisy environment. I was astounded to learn how many people, according to a US Environmental Protection Agency study, have hearing loss.

Every human being craves happiness, irrespective of what religion such an individual belongs to. I must commend the arrangement of the book. It is done in a way that will aid the understanding of the content of the book, as each chapter is further divided into subheadings. I did not encounter any form of confusion. The letters were legible enough for easy reading.

I like the fact that the author was not biased in any way. He was objective in his approach, given the availability of research works, reports, and reviews of government agencies. It was evident that proper studies and research had been carried out before the author wrote this book. The inclusion of the works of other scholars, motivational quotes, and links for further studies add to the authenticity of the information contained in the book.

I could not find any negative aspects of the book. By implication, I enjoyed everything about the book. The presence of a few errors shows that it was professionally edited. Hence, it deserves a perfect rating of five out of five stars. I did not deduct any stars because I did not dislike any aspects of the book. I will recommend this book to anyone seeking a means to obtain maximum happiness because such a person will find the right answers in this book.

Happiness to the 10th Power
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Uchechi uk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchechi-uk.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Uchechi uk »

Wow...I am surprised the reviewer hasn't heard of the word, yoga. I like that happiness can be found after reading this. Very well-written book and review I must say.
Nenye Charles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-charles.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Nenye Charles »

I believe there are lots of lessons to learn from this book. I’m particularly fascinated by the rhythmic dance of the chimpanzees. Well done for a nice review.
Nenye Charles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-charles.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Nenye Charles »

I believe there are lots of lessons to learn from this book. I’m particularly fascinated by the rhythmic dance of the chimpanzees. Well done for a nice review.
Uchechi uk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchechi-uk.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Uchechi uk »

This is intriguing. I was not expecting to see how Chimpanzees dance in this book. I enjoyed reading and would love to get the full gist of the novel.
Nyleja Kim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 2%

Post by Nyleja Kim »

This book is interesting, I will try to read this one. Thanks for the great and nice review.
Loice Akello
Currently Reading: The unfakeable
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loice-akello.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 8
2024 Goal Completion: 62%

Post by Loice Akello »

You have Brilliantly expounded on the book's themes. Thank you for your review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”