Review: The Banned Book of Love by Scott Hughes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JoanneR
Currently Reading: A Little Life
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joanner.html

Review: The Banned Book of Love by Scott Hughes

Post by JoanneR »

Scott makes some very pointed comments about hate being the easier emotion. In thinking about the small amount of things that he said, I am tending to agree with him.
This was too short, so the point doesn't really get across as to how one should go about "loving" everyone, even those that do horrendous things. I think the book could have been longer and more detailed.
Lisa67
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Lisa67 »

I was intrigued by the author's use of the words "I love" when talking about Brock. I understand his message to accept all in spite of our flaws, but love may be a little strong. On a personal note, I appreciate this author offering this book to us for free, and asking us to contact him for help with our own publishing aspirations. This alone will make me read his next book.
Insightsintobooks
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks »

I understand that the concept of this book is generally hard to grasp. I feel like it should have been longer as well. I think perhaps Scott was talking about the soul of a persin, as a human being, not their actions. Which as he states in the book he doesn't condone.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Lisa67
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Lisa67 »

Good point!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”