Review of The Riddle of Alchemy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Miracle Man by Dr. Dave Ferruolo

Review of The Riddle of Alchemy

Post by Veronica Hunter »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Riddle of Alchemy" by Paul Kiritsis.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The book is an exploration of alchemy and covers its historical, philosophical, and psychological dimensions. Originating in ancient civilizations, alchemy blends practical techniques with mysticism. The book narrates Sol and Luna's symbolic principles, drawing parallels with Jung's individuation theory. The monograph unfolds in three parts, addressing historical context, psychological aspects, and empirical validity. It explores alchemy's Hellenistic roots, its integration with Hermeticism, Paracelsus' contributions, and its relationship with Christian theosophy. The psychological interpretation of alchemical symbols by Carl Jung was explained, as were alchemical illustrations depicting psychological development and major life transitions. The book examines allegorical themes, advocates open-minded exploration, and integrates diverse perspectives, including alchemy's connection to modern science. The book provides a nuanced exploration of alchemy, its historical development, its connection to modern science, and the ethical considerations surrounding ambitious technological advancements.

The Riddle of Alchemy by Paul Kiritsis is a journey into the historical, philosophical, and psychological facets of alchemy. The book intricately explains alchemical origins, featuring key figures and emphasizing the fusion of practical techniques with mysticism. Kiritsis advocates for an open-minded approach, fostering a comprehensive understanding of alchemy and making this text an invaluable resource for enthusiasts and scholars alike. The appendices enrich the text, offering insights into the symbolic significance of elements, planets, and alchemical principles.

The book stands out for its meticulous research and comprehensive elucidation. It traces the origins of alchemy to ancient civilizations, introducing key figures and emphasizing the integration of practical techniques with mysticism. It goes beyond traditional approaches, connecting alchemical principles with Jung's theory of individuation.

There is nothing I didn’t like about the book. I admire the author's adept writing skills in crafting this book. The seamless narrative, coupled with a command of language, showcases a level of literary finesse that captivates readers from start to finish. This skillful writing not only imparts knowledge but also makes the subject matter accessible and enjoyable for a wide audience.

The book is exceptionally edited. I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars. What I appreciate most is the author's commitment to fostering an inclusive exploration by integrating diverse viewpoints. This approach contributes to a more thorough understanding of the various theories presented in the book. I found the content rich, prompting me to assign it a well-deserved 5-star rating. I recommend the book to philosophy scholars, science enthusiasts, psychology students, and spirituality and mysticism seekers.

The Riddle of Alchemy
View: on Bookshelves
PHOENIX PANDEY
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phoenix-pandey.html
Latest Review: Chasing Dragons between Dimensions by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by PHOENIX PANDEY »

I've read this book long back,it delves into alchemy's historical, philosophical, and psychological dimensions, tracing its origins and connecting it to modern science. The book's meticulous research and adept writing make it a captivating and accessible resource.
Shinshinshin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Shinshinshin »

This review provides a positive and thorough assessment of "The Riddle of Alchemy" by Paul Kiritsis. The book explores alchemy's historical, philosophical, and psychological dimensions, tracing its origins and exploring its connection to modern science. The reviewer praises the author's adept writing skills, seamless narrative, and inclusive approach, making the subject matter accessible and enjoyable. With meticulous research and comprehensive elucidation, this book appears to be a highly recommended read for philosophy scholars, science enthusiasts, psychology students, and seekers of spirituality and mysticism.
Williams Nnodim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: Tour of Duty by William H. Coles

Post by Williams Nnodim »

This review provides glowing praise for "The Riddle of Alchemy" by Paul Kiritsis, delving into its historical, philosophical, and psychological explorations thoroughly.
Pranav Dewangan
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: Who Will Bury The Dead God? by Ruman Neupane

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The way it seamlessly connects alchemical principles with Jung's individuation theory has me intrigued. Your excitement about the author's adept writing skills and commitment to inclusivity in exploring diverse viewpoints only adds to the appeal. I'm eager to embark on this journey into the historical, philosophical, and psychological dimensions of alchemy. Looking forward to reading it.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Florence Daniel »

"The Erkeley Shadows" by Michael W. Thomas weaves a captivating narrative around Will, the protagonist, who becomes entangled in enigmatic circumstances surrounding the professor's death
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: It Was What It Was by Daniel Pace

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

The Erkeley Shadows" by Michael W. Thomas weaves a captivating narrative around Will, the protagonist, who becomes entangled in enigmatic circumstances surrounding the professor's death
Azaz Raja
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azaz-raja.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Azaz Raja »

This review of "The Riddle of Alchemy" by Paul Kiritsis offers a fascinating exploration of alchemy's historical, philosophical, and psychological dimensions. The reader highlights the book's meticulous research, comprehensive elucidation, and adept writing skills, making it accessible and enjoyable for a wide audience. They commend the author's commitment to fostering inclusive exploration and integrating diverse viewpoints, ultimately giving it a well-deserved 5-star rating. As someone intrigued by philosophy, science, and spirituality, I'm captivated and would love to delve into this intriguing journey myself!
JWrites Jwrites
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-writes.html
Latest Review: Three Paths to Autonomy and Self-Actualisation for Therapists and Clients by Linda Gregory Ph.D.

Post by JWrites Jwrites »

This review provides a thorough and favorable assessment of Paul Kiritsis' "The Riddle of Alchemy," emphasizing the book's thorough investigation of the philosophical, historical, and psychological aspects of alchemy as well as its readable writing style.

The reviewer highlights how the book combines mystical and practical approaches, praising it for its detailed discussion of alchemical beginnings and important individuals. The work is appropriate for fans and researchers who want a better grasp of the subject matter since it advocates for an open-minded approach to comprehending alchemy, which is a vital component.
Sbitan Mohammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sbitan-mohammad.html
Latest Review: The Incarnation by Arthur Telling

Post by Sbitan Mohammad »

This book appears to be an interesting read for me because I have always been intrigued by complex plots and this is looking so due to the introduction to alchemy I would experience. Beautiful review.
Andrew Darlington
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-darlington.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Andrew Darlington »

The Riddle of Alchemy by Paul Kiritsis is a journey into the historical, philosophical, and psychological facets of alchemy. This book explains alchemical origins, featuring key figures and emphasizing the fusion of practical techniques with mysticism. I think I will definitely be checking out this book. Your review was beautiful.
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: It Was What It Was by Daniel Pace

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

This review offers enthusiastic acclaim for "The Riddle of Alchemy" by Paul Kiritsis, thoroughly exploring its historical, philosophical, and psychological facets.
Marlon Walters 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Marlon Walters 1 »

This book appears to be an interesting read for me because I have always been intrigued by complex plots and this is looking so due to the introduction to alchemy I would experience. Beautiful review.
Shafaullah Khan
Currently Reading: The Riddle of Alchemy
Bookshelf Size: 10
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Shafaullah Khan »

The Riddle of Alchemy by Paul Kiritsis is a journey into the historical, philosophical, and psychological facets of alchemy. This book explains alchemical origins, featuring key figures and emphasizing the fusion of practical techniques with mysticism. I think I will definitely be checking out this book

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”