Review of Path of the Devil 2nd Edition Revised

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jane Honda
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Inspirational Love by Vernon John Sinnott

Review of Path of the Devil 2nd Edition Revised

Post by Jane Honda »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Path of the Devil 2nd Edition Revised" by Dianne DeMille PhD, Larry Hardin, Jeff Pearce, Randy Torgerson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered how a position could influence someone? This is something we see every day. Then, when looking at the forces charged with the responsibility to secure a property, which is very broad, a few of them use this opportunity to fulfill their selfish interests. In this book, we see fascinating characters as they navigate through dangerous territories and face unexpected challenges. Their determination to bring justice shines brightly.

Path of the Devil 2nd Edition Revised by Dianne DeMille PhD, Larry Hardin, Jeff Pearce, Randy Torgerson, this is an action-packed journey led by Larry, Jeff, and Randy, a team of private investigators on a mission to thwart drug smugglers. In Chapter 1 of this book, Larry talks about the various forces he joined. In his first few weeks of work, he was advised against drinking and women. He also narrated the dark side of his work, where some agents engage in sexual misconduct, drug use, and other crimes. Lots of things happened in NTF. His wife got a job in Arizona, and Larry decided to transfer there too.

The characters in the book feel real and relatable, with their flaws and strengths depicted in a way that resonates with readers. For instance, the camaraderie and banter between Larry, Jeff, and Randy add depth to the story. The book offers insights into the workings of law enforcement agencies and the challenges they face in tackling organized crime. Readers gain a better understanding of the complexities involved in fighting drug trafficking. Despite the seriousness of their work, the investigators' encounters often include humorous moments that lighten the mood. For example, their misadventures with hotel bookings and interactions with locals made the narrative a relaxing one. The writing style is awesome, and I noticed one error. I can say that the book is well-edited.

At times, the book might get bogged down by lengthy descriptions of events or background information, which could slow down the pace of the narrative for some readers. Also, the book delves into the murky world of drug trafficking and organized crime, where moral lines can be blurred. This might make some readers uncomfortable with the ethical dilemmas faced by the investigators. Following these negatives, I would rate the book four out of five stars. I would also recommend this book to those who love reading about forces and crime fighting.

Path of the Devil 2nd Edition Revised
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

"Path of the Devil 2nd Edition Revised" by Dianne DeMille PhD, Larry Hardin, Jeff Pearce, Randy Torgerson sounds like a compelling exploration of the challenges faced by private investigators as they navigate through dangerous territories and confront drug smugglers. Your review provides a detailed overview of the book's strengths and potential drawbacks. Thank you for sharing your thorough review.
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

Based on the review, the book "Path of the Devil 2nd Edition Revised" seems to be a fascinating and action-packed read. The characters are relatable, the insights into law enforcement agencies are valuable, and there are moments of humor to lighten the mood. The review mentions that the book is well-edited, but it can sometimes become slow due to lengthy descriptions or ethical dilemmas. Overall, the book appears to be a good choice for readers interested in forces and crime fighting.
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

I'm captivated by the real and relatable characters, especially Larry, Jeff, and Randy, as they navigate through dangerous territories in their mission to thwart drug smugglers. The camaraderie and banter between them add a unique depth to the story. The insights into law enforcement agencies and the complexities of fighting organized crime are intriguing. Despite the serious subject matter, the inclusion of humorous moments promises a well-rounded narrative. I'm excited to explore this world of forces and crime-fighting!
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

I love the simplicity of your review. It is well detailed. Although I haven't read this book it sounds great and interesting

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”