Review of 3 mph

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Enjani Matendeko
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Review of 3 mph

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "3 mph" by Polly Letofsky.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Are you an adventurous type who enjoys spending time outside? Do you always try to fulfill your desires when it comes to going on adventures? Then, you would enjoy reading 3 MPH, written by Polly Letofsky, to discover the story of a woman from Colorado who fulfilled her childhood desire to walk around the Earth.

Polly had finalized her plans for touring the world to teach misguided women the truth about breast cancer. She had hoped to travel to places like Vail in Colorado, New Zealand, Australia, Southeast Asia, Turkey, Europe, the British Isles, and New York City. This journey would take an estimated five years. On the day of her departure, she received a lot of advice from friends who encouraged her to take care of her body, stay open-minded, and cultivate patience and courage. Would she be able to do this? Would she encounter any difficulties that could make her quit? Or would she accomplish her main desire of educating women all over the world about breast cancer?

Polly was a very interesting character. One of the things I enjoyed about her was her willingness to adapt and plan throughout her journey around the world. I also appreciated her perseverance and determination as she struggled through lots of challenges, including accommodation and the varying cultures of her different hosts in different parts of the world. I enjoyed reading about the warm atmosphere Polly's hosts usually created, the contributions, heartfelt and generous donations, and the sacrifices they made to support her.

I only had one dislike while reading the book. Some aspects of the book were slow and did not contain much suspense. I found it difficult to keep on reading at those times. Apart from this, I enjoyed other aspects of the book. It did not contain numerous names that could keep a reader confused and distracted. Instead, it contained a few main characters. I appreciate the writer's remarkable writing skills.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. I found no grammatical errors. I only took note of the absence of commas in some places, which I didn't count as errors. It was professionally edited. I would have enjoyed it better if it contained more suspense. Those parts with not enough suspense could discourage readers from reading to the end. I recommend it to those who enjoy reading adventurous books. I am also recommending it to people who enjoy reading life stories.

3 mph
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

This review provides valuable insights into the book "3 MPH" by Polly Letofsky. The reviewer praises the protagonist's adaptability and determination while highlighting the warm and supportive atmosphere created by her hosts. However, the reviewer points out that certain parts lacked suspense, which could deter some readers. Overall, the book seems to be a good read for those who enjoy adventurous and life stories, but it may not be suitable for readers seeking constant suspense.
Pranav Dewangan
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

Polly's journey around the world, coupled with her adaptability and determination, has me excited to experience the diverse cultures and challenges she encountered. Your mention of the warm atmosphere created by Polly's hosts and their generous contributions adds an extra layer of intrigue. While I appreciate your honesty about the pacing, the overall adventure and Polly's impactful mission make this a must-read for me.
Nenye Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-charles.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Nenye Charles »

I like the fact that this book borders on issues that women face in our contemporary society, such as breast cancer. Sounds like an interesting read, and I’ll love to try it out.
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

I'm not a fan of this book I think I will give it a pass. Your review is nice and engaging. The book's plot is good and educational.
Dominic Emezuru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominic-emezuru.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Dominic Emezuru »

The author's ability to craft complex characters that leap off the page is unparalleled. A truly immersive reading experience.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: Deadly Hush by Douglas Stewart

Post by Florence Daniel »

Embarking on a global journey to educate women about breast cancer, Polly Letofsky's '3 MPH' is a riveting tale of courage and adventure."
BasseyAkpan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-basseyakpan.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by BasseyAkpan »

Polly went on a humanitarian cause as she sought to travel around the world. Her major aim was to educate some misguided women about breast Cancer. One of her greatest struggles with adapting to varying cultures of different people in the several locations she traveled to.
BasseyAkpan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-basseyakpan.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by BasseyAkpan »

Florence Daniel wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 05:15 Embarking on a global journey to educate women about breast cancer, Polly Letofsky's '3 MPH' is a riveting tale of courage and adventure."
Yes it is but the most amazing thing is the support she got from mostly her hosts who made contributions of one form or another to sustain journey and to support her desire to help women deal with breast cancer.
Daberechi Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daberechi-precious.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Daberechi Precious »

Your review is engaging and fun to read, thought I haven't read this book,your review really educating, I will give this book a try.
Bradley Twesten
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-twesten.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Bradley Twesten »

I wasn't sure from the review, did she actually walk around the globe, or did she just do lots of walks around intersting places that totalled the miles around?

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”