Review of Being in My Own Way

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jane Honda
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Inspirational Love by Vernon John Sinnott

Review of Being in My Own Way

Post by Jane Honda »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Being in My Own Way" by Richard Ingram.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Life is like a school; not everyone succeeds, and different challenges can come up that we didn’t plan for. Everyone's journey through life is unique, even for twins, but through the experiences of others, either through a personal encounter, a movie, or their writing, we can grasp lessons that would help us in life. As we navigate through the book Being in My Own Way by Richard Ingram, we should be open-minded to the positive lessons of this book.

This is a book that talks about a person's journey to understand themselves better and overcome obstacles that stop them from being happy. The author, Richard Ingram, shares stories from his life and how he learned important lessons along the way. He talks about things like dealing with negative thoughts, learning to be present in the moment, and taking care of yourself while also helping others. In simple terms, it's like going on an adventure with the author as he learns about himself and how to live a better, more fulfilling life. Through his experiences, he teaches readers how to be kinder to themselves, face challenges bravely, and find joy in everyday moments. It is a book that is worth reading.
Top of Form

The writing style of this book is accessible and engaging, making it easy for readers to connect with the author's message. The author uses a conversational tone throughout the book, as if he's having a personal conversation with the reader. This approach helps to create a sense of intimacy and trust, allowing readers to feel comfortable opening up about their struggles and challenges. In terms of book organization, this book is divided into several parts, each focusing on different aspects of personal growth and self-discovery. The chapters within each part are structured logically, building upon each other to create a cohesive narrative.

While the book is organized into parts and chapters, some readers may find the structure to be somewhat disjointed or lacking in coherence. This could make it challenging to follow the author's train of thought or to discern the overarching message of the book. Also, the headings of the titles were not projected, which made the book look unattractive.

I didn’t find any errors while reading. However, following the dislikes, I would give this book a rating of four out of five stars. This book is best suited for lovers of self-help books.

Being in My Own Way
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

Based on the review, "Being in My Own Way" by Richard Ingram seems to be a worthwhile read for lovers of self-help books. The author's personal stories and lessons learned make it engaging and relatable. The conversational tone creates intimacy and trust with the reader, making it easy to connect with the author's message. However, some readers may find the book's structure slightly disjointed, which could impact the overall coherence. Overall, it appears to be a good read and deserving of a four out of five-star rating.
Naushin Moledina
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

Life is like a school; not everyone succeeds, and different challenges can come up that we didn’t plan for. true, we don't know what life will throw at us but we can handle it in our own way. I love how you explained all your likes and dislikes. This seems like a must-read to me. Thank you for your insights.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
Pranav Dewangan
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

Richard Ingram's journey towards self-discovery and happiness sounds like a genuine adventure. I appreciate how he shares practical lessons on overcoming obstacles, dealing with negative thoughts, and finding joy in everyday moments. The accessible writing style and the author's conversational tone mentioned in the review make me even more eager to connect with the narrative. Thanks for highlighting the positive aspects, and I'm excited to explore this self-help gem!
Kristin Cowan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Get Out of My Bed by Shirley Wooten Rose

Post by Kristin Cowan »

I find self-help books can be difficult to take to heart if the author makes it too personal to themselves. Based on the review, it seems this author touches that line but does not cross it.
Anthony Ekemezie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ekemezie.html
Latest Review: Crucible of the Damned by Jason Brookshier

Post by Anthony Ekemezie »

Like in school, not everyone succeeds in life, and we may encounter unforeseen obstacles. Although we can't predict what life may throw at us, we can still respond to it in our own unique way. I appreciate your insights.
Rohith Kumar Pakala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohith-kumar-pakala.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rohith Kumar Pakala »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book. Great information is given by you about the book, thank you for that.
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

Nice review you've. I love the book cover. The writing style made the book easy to read. Thanks for this engaging review

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”