Review of Renewing Your Mind

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jane Honda
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Inspirational Love by Vernon John Sinnott

Review of Renewing Your Mind

Post by Jane Honda »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Renewing Your Mind" by Theophilus F. George.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Renewing Your Mind by Theophilus F. George is a book about changing your thinking to be more in line with God's teachings. It explains how reading the Bible, praying, and spending time with God can help transform your thoughts. The author provides practical tips for applying these principles in daily life to become more aligned with God's will.

This book is a comprehensive guide to transforming your life through the power of God's Word. The book begins by emphasizing the importance of seeking God's guidance in all aspects of life. It encourages readers to pray fervently, meditate on Scripture, and trust in God's plan. Throughout the chapters, the author delves into various topics such as faith, prayer, obedience, and living according to God's will. Each chapter provides practical advice and biblical wisdom to help readers grow spiritually and overcome challenges. But what lies ahead for those who fully embrace the principles of renewing their minds? What greater blessings and transformations await them? To find out, readers must continue their journey of faith, eagerly anticipating the unfolding of God's plan in their lives.

I enjoy the fact that the book uses a conversational tone, making it feel like you're having a chat with a friend. For instance, instead of using complicated language, it explains things in a simple and friendly way, like when it talks about prayer: "Just talk to God like you would talk to a friend." The writing is clear and simple, making it easy to understand even for those who aren't used to reading religious or spiritual books. Complex concepts are broken down into bite-sized pieces, like when it explains the importance of faith: "Faith is just believing that good things will happen, even when it seems impossible." Throughout the book, there's a sense of encouragement and positivity. It uplifts the reader with phrases like "You can do it!" or "God is always there for you," which can be very motivating.

The book was very simple and straightforward. There was a question section to help readers digest what they read. For me, there were no dislikes in this book; there were also no errors, showing that the book was exceptionally edited. Hence, I would rate this book five out of five stars. I would recommend this book to Christians.

Renewing Your Mind
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Pranav Dewangan
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

Its practical advice, simple yet profound teachings on aligning with God's will, and conversational tone promise a transformative journey grounded in faith. Can't wait to explore the blessings and growth it offers.
Paris Kumar
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 489
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paris-kumar.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Paris Kumar »

This insightful review of "Renewing Your Mind" by Theophilus F. George captures the essence of the book's transformative message with clarity and warmth. Your appreciation for its conversational tone and practical advice shines through, making it a compelling recommendation for fellow Christians seeking spiritual growth.

Thanks for sharing your reading experience with us!
The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.
—Samuel Johnson

I am happy to be a part of the OnlineBookClub.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

Thank you for your valuable insights about this book. You've explained about the book very well. I'll definitely add this to my reading list
Rohith Kumar Pakala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohith-kumar-pakala.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rohith Kumar Pakala »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book. Great information is given by you about the book, thank you for that.
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

Your review has done justice in explaining everything in this book. I can't wait to read this book. Well done in your review well delivered.
Bradley Twesten
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-twesten.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Bradley Twesten »

Did the book often point back to scripture or was it just the conversational tone you mention?

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”